Chapter 63 It's my secret weapon.

Start from the beginning

"Hey.." he said softly, holding my hand in his.

"I'm sorry.." I said and he shook his head. As he took a seat on the chair next to me.

"It wasn't your fault.. the other car crashed in yours.." he said. "Are you okay..?" he asked.

"Yeah.. just body ache.." I said.

"I'm still sorry, I made you so much worried.."

"I was just.. afraid.. you hit your head and weren't waking up.." he said. "I don't want to think about it, you're fine now.. you'll be okay.." he said.

"Yeah.."

"Ari.. you.. need to know something.."

"What?"

"It's not good, but it's better for you to hear it now" he said. "We lost our child" he said, making me shocked.

"What..?" I blurted out as tears fell from my eyes. "But, the doctor.. he didn't say anything like that.."

"I told him not to, I wanted to be here with you" he said caressing my cheek.

"It's not fair" I said.

"I know.." he said.

"Louis, I'm so sorry.. it's all my fault.." I said.

"Ari.. It's not.."

"No.. I should've listened to you.. I am so stupid.." I said and he squeezed my hand.

"No you're not stupid" he said but I kept crying. He sighed and cupped my cheeks to make me look at him. "I know this is hard.. but I'm here for you Ari, and we'll get through this.. together" he said wiping my tears.

"How can you be so calm about it..?" I whispered.

"I have to be Ari.. I can't see you like this, you know that right" he said and kissed my forehead which was covered in a bandage.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry Louis" I cried and he shook his head as he wiped my tears.

"Shh, I'm here" he said kissing my cheek. "I love you" he tried to smile which made me cry even more. "Don't cry" he said holding my shoulder gently.

-----------

It's been around one month to that accident. I never really thought that anything could change the bond I had with Louis, but like they say, life is tough. You never know what's going to happen.

So long story short, things changed after that. More specifically, things became distant. Louis became distant.

We still live together but it's not like before. He doesn't bother me much and I don't bother him at all.

Maybe he's just bored of me like I feared.

"Ari? Did you listen?" asked Lizzie. I was at her house.

"What?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I was telling you about this show I watched-" she shook her head. "Nevermind, how's everything at work?" she asked.

"It's good.. Norah, my coworker she almost filled in for me during the leave so it's all good" I shrugged as I took a sip from my coffee.

"Uhh, sorry to interrupt" said Harry. "Liz did you fix that meeting with Mrs.Will?" he asked Lizzie and she nodded.

"I did but they didn't confirm it yet" she said and he nodded.

"It's okay, I'll have the receptionist to check on her" he gently squeezed her her shoulder and pecked her lips before leaving us be.