Chapter 17 Will you keep a secret for me?

Louis' POV -

I won't lie, it took me a whole minute to get my heartbeat back to normal.

What was I even doing? Trying to kiss Aria while she was upset? That's so wrong.

She probably thinks that I wanted to take her advantage.

So, I stood up and walked to the door, not wanting to face her.

"Aria- umm hey Lou, what you're doing here?" Lottie asked.

"Aria's not well, I was just giving her company.." I whispered.

"Oh.. what happened..?" she whispered back.

"Nothing she just.. misses her best friend" I replied and she seemed to buy it.

"Oh.. umm well, I just wanted to tell you that Mr. and Mrs. Miller are visiting their aunt so they won't be home tonight, and Alex and I will be back by ten, we need to shopping for trekking" she said.

"Trekking?" I asked.

"Yup we're going trekking a day after tomorrow, and are you two sure that you don't want to go shopping?" she asked looking at Aria.

"I guess I'll stay at home.." said Aria.

"I'll stay home too then.." I shrugged. As much as I wanted to leave I just couldn't leave her upset.

"You should go actually, I'll be fine.." she said looking at me.

"I don't want to" I shrugged again and she looked away.

"Umm, Okay then, take care.." Lottie said looking at both of us and I nodded.

After I closed the door I got back to sit beside Aria while she looked down nervously.

"I.. I'm sorry.." she said.

"For what?"

"For what was going to.. you know.." she trailed off.

Ofcourse she was Sorry because she was going to kiss me.

I couldn't help but feel a bit rejected. Disappointed even. I should've never expected her to do that in the first place.

"You.. don't have to apologize, I understand.." I said and she nodded.

As much as I hated to admit it, I really wanted to kiss her.

------------------

Aria's POV -

"You.. don't have to apologize, I understand.." he said and I nodded.

He looked so.. sad. I don't really know what made him feel like that though. One second before he was normal but now he seemed irritated by something.

Was it the fact that I was sad or because I said sorry for almost kissing him?

No, it can't be, he's Louis Tomlinson, so full of himself. He would've probably regretted it if he kissed me. Good thing it didn't happen.

But, as much as I hated to admit it, I really wanted to kiss him.

"Let's watch a movie?" he said snapping me into reality and I nodded.

---------------------

It was 7 p.m. and we were still watching movies, and Louis had just selected one from horror genre after watching Rio and Rio 2.

He said that he didn't really like horror movies but when I said that I've seen a lot before, he changed his mind into watching one.

We had turned the lights off and the only light was coming from the TV screen, enlightening his sharp features. His jawline could cut things into two, so sharp and pretty. He was truly beautiful.

"I don't really mind but, should I know why you're staring me?" he asked smirking, his eyes still on the screen, making me blush.

"Thank you for staying.." I said looking at the him when he turned to look at me, smiling. "I would've gotten bored without you.." I added and he smiled even more.

He looks so cute when he smiles.

"You know, I didn't really want to come here in New York at first.. simply because I didn't find any reason to.. but now.. you know what's my reason to come here again?" he said holding my hand in his softly.

"What?" I asked and looked into his eyes which held mischievousness in them.

"You, my cupcake" he said pinching my nose, making me chuckle.

"Good to know.." I said. "I also have a reason to visit London now" I said and he grinned.

"To meet me?" he asked excitedly, like a five year old.

"No, to meet Lottie" I said pinching his nose and he frowned.

"Hey! That's not fair!" he said and I laughed.

"Ok, I know what you want to hear" I said and he looked at me suspiciously. "I'm surely going to meet.." he raised his eyebrows. "Your mom" I said and he rolled his baby blue eyes.

"Knew it" he said shaking his head. He was going to speak when I interrupted.

"And Louis" I said with a smile and he suppressed his smile.

"Finally... I thought you forgot my name or something" he said and chuckled.

"Ofcourse not.. Lewis" I said sarcastically but as soon as I did, his eyes showed flashes of pain, and anger.

"Don't call me that" he said rather rudely and immediately. "I mean.. I.." he trailed off. I was surprised that it was the first time that he didn't have an explanation for it. He just looked away and blinked a lot.

"Louis, are you okay?" I asked though I clearly knew that he wasn't.

"Yeah.. I just.. I'm sorry for being rude.. I.. Someone.. used to call me that.. someone I.." he said slowly, and I put my hand on his shoulder.

All I could think of was how should I comfort him and then it hit me.

"Can I get a hug?" I asked and he looked at me, smiled and then hugged me tightly, burying his face in my neck, his breathing uneven. If I have to be honest I felt bad for him. I've never seen him like this, out of words to explain something, or trying to seek comfort from someone.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly in a whisper.

"Should I?" he asked back.

"That's purely your choice, but I can assure you of one thing, you will feel great after letting it out.." she said and I just kept looking at her unsurely. "I mean, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable.." I said.

"It's not that.." he said avoiding my eyes. That wasn't him, he had such a confident personality, it hurt seeing him like that. "It's not like I did anything.. I didn't.. I still don't know why she blamed me.. I just.. don't know.. I don't know.."

Louis' POV -

I have kept it to myself for so long that I couldn't remember talking about to anyone, not even Niall, or Mom.

But then again, what did I have to lose? Probably nothing. Aria is a friend. And to be honest we're going to meet like once a year or maybe twice if I include Christmas.

It's fine if I tell her.

But do you really want to?

Maybe telling her would help my nightmares? And besides I trust her.

"Will you keep a secret for me?" I asked after a while pulling away to look at her.

*************
A/N -

So, what do you think about Lou's secret?

Keep Reading :)