Chapter 57 More Like it.

Louis' POV -

"What's bothering you Liz?" I asked, she was zoned out again.

"I'm just tired Louis.." she replied resting her head on the sofa.

"You are saying this like the 16th time, seriously, are you okay?" I asked her and held her hand in mine softly.

"I'm fine Lou, nothing to worry about.." she said lightly squeezing my hand. And I gave her a smile.

"You know that you can tell me anything right.." I said excitedly which made her slightly nervous.

"I know.. that's why I called you.." she said, her voice lowering at the end.

I just smiled at her and we sat in silence for a few minutes. I was staring her the whole time she was looking in her lap. She's really beautiful and her personality makes her even more adorable.

God, I feel like I'm defining my sister.

No, Lou focus.

"Hey.." I said pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear, as she turned to me.
"I'll always be there for you, Liz.." I said coming close to her face, and our foreheads touched, while I intertwined our hands.

More like it.

I looked in her eyes and then at her lips and then in her eyes again, "Can I.." I said nervously. "Can I.." I tried to say again, asking for permission.

"Yeah.." she said with a small smile.

Within seconds, her soft lips brushed against mine, and I closed my eyes.

I'm doing this. Lizzie is a great girl. I'll be happy with her. I kept repeating these words in my mind when I heard her phone vibrating on the table but before anything else, I crashed my lips on hers.

At first, she froze in place, but did kiss me back, and I smiled through it. Slowly my hands reached her waist and hers ran through my hair.

The phone was still vibrating, but we didn't care, I was too busy closing the gap between us as my lips traveled down to her neck and again got attached to her mouth.

You're betraying Ari.

No, I'm not.

Yes you are.

No, she betrayed me.

But you love her.

I love her.

With that I pulled away.

We both were breathing heavily by now, but I wasn't smiling anymore.

"I..I need to leave Liz.." I said. "I'm sorry I just forgot something really important" I added nervously.

"Yeah, okay.." she replied, surely wondering about my sudden change in behavior.

"I'll call you okay" I tried to smile at her and she nodded.

I finally kissed her forehead and left.

It's so hard.

------------

"Hi?" she said as she opened the door. I was standing outside with a large bouquet of red roses in one hand and a large Teddy bear in the other.

"Can I come in? It's kind of heavy" I replied, gesturing to the teddy bear.

"Louis, you didn't have to" she laughed and stepped aside for me to enter.

"I had to" I said giving a quick peck on her lips to which she flinched, but I acted like I didn't notice. I'm sure she was mad at me because of yesterday. "I'm sorry about yesterday.." I said handing her the bouquet.