Chapter 55 It's not even medicinal..

Louis' POV -

"It's almost done, I think that's enough for today.." Rose said. I was at her house and it was going surprisingly calm till now. I never realized that she was good in Economics.

"Yeah, hopefully it'll be done by Monday.." I shrugged and she smiled.

"Yeah.. you're really good at it though.. can't say I'm not impressed"

"Come on Rose, you didn't just compliment me" I said gathering my books.

"Well, I did and I don't regret it okay, anyway.. you want to eat something?"

"Umm, no thanks.. I guess I'll get going now.." I said hesitantly.

"No problem" she smiled. I didn't notice how close her face was to me by now, she was looking at my lips and in all honesty, it didn't feel right.

It's okay, you're single.

My subconscious reminded me.

But I don't want to..

With that she crashed her lips on mine, her lips were soft and she kissed me slowly, only I was frozen in my spot.

I tried to kiss her back and when I did, it felt painful, like I was betraying Aria.

"I can't.." I said as I quickly pulled away.

"Why not..? You're surely upset and I can be your distraction.." she said keeping her hand on my thigh. "You don't have to tell your so called girlfriend.." she said.

"You have a boyfriend Rose.."

"He doesn't have to know as well, I'm planning to break up with him anyway.." she said.

"I can't.. I don't want a distraction I want her.." I said.

"Her who?"

"We broke up.. Rose.. she's not my girlfriend anymore.." I said and she sighed.

"Louis.. I.. I'm sorry I didn't know.."

"It's okay.."

"So that's why you're so down lately, I would've never guessed.." she shook her head.

"I'm not.. I'm trying okay.. it's just hard.. I miss her.." I said and she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, it'll be fine.." she said softly. "Look, I understand.. you will be fine okay" she said. I never thought that I could talk to Rose being civilized.

"Thank you Rose.." I sighed.

"And don't be upset, any girl would be lucky to have your attention Louis.." she smiled and I smiled too.

"You're not saying that to make me feel better right?" I asked and she chuckled.

"No, Louis, you know me, I don't really lie" she said and I nodded as I stood up.

"I know.." I said as we walked down the stairs.

"So.. tomorrow 4 p.m. ?" she asked.

"Umm, yeah.. your place right?" I asked.

"How about yours this time?" she said and I nodded.

"Fine with me" I shrugged. "You know.. I can't believe I'm saying this but you're.. nice.. I mean not as bad as I thought.." I said.

"Well, you too actually.. I mean it's weird but kind of good when you're not roasting me" she shrugged.

"That's because you roast me as well" I said.