Chapter 18 Aww, is cupcake okay now?

Louis' POV -

"Will you keep a secret for me?" I asked after a while pulling away to look at her.

"I guess" she said.

Thousands of thoughts ran through my mind as I spoke.

And she was waiting. Unlike others, her eyes didn't hold pity, but a certain calmness which I liked. She wasn't afraid. She was just there for me.

"There was a girl I.. loved back when I was in highschool.." I started while I looked at our intertwined hands, which Aria had no intention of breaking as she slowly squeezed it, slightly.

"Tina.. was her name.. Blonde hair, blue eyes one could die for.." I said as I looked ahead. "She was my neighbor, and we became friends, then best friends and then I made a mistake of thinking that she felt the same way I think of her.."

"When I told her that I liked her, she laughed in my face, said she'll never date a nerd like me, someone who's not a 'bad boy' " I chuckled humorlessly.

"I wasn't a total nerd Aria" I told her, as I turned to look at her. "I looked just like I look now, but she termed me as a nerd because I was a straight A student.." I looked away. "I still am.."

"I thought that ruined everything, that I could've atleast respected our friendship because I thought that Ti was hurt too. But again, I was wrong" I paused.

"She came with her mother to our house one day and.. said that I.. I sexually assaulted her" I said quickly, just the memory of it giving me shivers.

"I didn't do it Aria, I swear... I didn't do it.. I loved her.. I would've never done it to her without her permission.." I said, my hands holding my temples.

"My mom, her trust broke in me. She's not the same. I know she loves me but I know that somewhere deep down she believes her, not me"

"That's not true" said Aria, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"She loves you Louis, she always will" she said and kept her hand on my tear stained cheek so that I look at her.

"I believe you" she said, wiping my tears from her hand that I couldn't notice were falling.

"Do you?" I asked in disbelief.

That changed everything. Her simple statement had meant a lot to me. And I feeling of a slight relief washed over me but at the same time I thought, You don't know me, love, that's why you say that.

I know that it's just been a week that I know her but I like her. I know that I do. That's why I wanted to tell her. I want to tell her everything about me and I want to know everything about her.

But, I can't deny that deep down, I'm still afraid that she'll never accept me. That she'll leave once she gets to know that I'm a hoe.

Thanks to Tina.

God, I can't even lie to her. She'll know one way or another.

But, most importantly, I'm no good for her. She deserves so much better than me. If she ever dates me, which I doubt, she'll end up regretting it. And to be honest I can't really let my heart be shattered for a second time by someone I genuinely like.

I've tried dating other girls but I always got cheated on. But, I could care less because they were just distractions. Not one girl about whom I genuinely cared about.

And this girl, who doesn't seem to be bothered by me. Who calls me a friend and genuinely treats me like one.

Not like the girls in my college who befriend me just to get laid. Nonsense.

"I do" she said slowly.

"What?"

"You asked me if I believe you.. I do" she said, she seemed so.. sure.

"Thank you" I said. "You know.. it does feel great after letting it out.." I said and she just smiled.

Just then someone screamed on their top of lungs and I screamed too, as a reflex.

"What?- oh..." I said as I realized that it was from the TV. The movie was still on.

"Are you okay?" Aria said, suppressing her laughs. Why Am I so embarrassing?

"I'm fine.. it was just unexpected.." I said. "Didn't you get scared?" I asked her.

"I did.. I just get.. silent when I'm scared.." she said blushing.

"Aww, is cupcake okay now?" I said as I pouted dramatically.

"Shut up" she pushed me playfully as she smiled.

I love her smile.

What? no, I don't love her! I mean the smile. Just the smile.

"Hey.." she said and I looked at her. "You okay now?" she asked.

"I am.. it's been years anyway" I nodded.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Okay.."

"So, that's why you don't have a girlfriend? Because you still love- " she asked but I cut her off.

"No, that's not.. I mean I did love her.. but that's not the case now.. I fucking hate her for accusing me in front of my mom" I said angrily. "And I did date people after that.. but it.. just didn't work out" I said. "I haven't really liked anyone that much after that happened though.." I trialed off as I looked at her.

Besides you ofcourse.

She was going to speak when she looked behind me. And a sound came from outside the window.

"Did you hear that?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yeah.." I replied already getting off the bed to check.

"Louis no, what if there's someone there.." she said as she caught my wrist before I could open the window.

"You're right.." I said looking around to find something that could help me, finally stopping at a baseball bat.

"You play baseball?" I whispered as I reached to hold it tightly in my hands.

"Nope, Alex tried a lot to teach me but I don't really know how to play" she whispered back and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll teach you if we ever got time" I whispered and she shrugged.

As I moved towards the window, ready to beat the crap out of the person who was making strange sounds against it, that is if there was a person.

If I have to be honest I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to ghosts. I swear to god that I'll leave right there and then for London if I encounter something like that.

Not to mention that I'll take Aria with me. Talking about her, she caught my arm when I was to open the window and I controlled the urge to scream.

Unlike her, I scream really loud when I'm scared. And as much as I hate to admit, I'm real scared right now.

Thanks to the decision of watching The Conjuring.

************
A/N -

Stay Tuned :)