"I was drunk as fuck, Harry took me back to his and I slept on his couch." I smiled, offhandedly pressing a kiss to her lips. I had to admit I felt guilty, knowing only hours prior my lips were attached to someone else. 

"You could have called me, I would have picked you up." She pestered, tugging on the collar of my shirt before sloppily kissing down my neck. 

"Babe, stop. Not today, I have a killer headache. Some other time, yeah?" She rolled her eyes but nodded. 

"I have to get going, anyway. Jane will kill me if I'm not back at the apartment by noon. Bye, I love you." She pressed a kiss to my lips again, smoothing the fabric of her trousers with her palms.

"Yeah, you too." I couldn't find It in myself to say it back, because as horrible and heartless as It sounded, I didn't love her. I loved Elana, and I had ever since I met her. Everything was sort of rushed with Ellie. She had been dating my mate Ed, but he was away a lot, I needed something and she was it, and things just kind of happened I guess. We had only been dating around 7 months when I thought fuck it. And asked her to marry me, she was dropping a lot of hints about it. Showing me pictures of celebrities who got married, reading wedding magazines. A whole lot of shit that was making it blatantly obvious what her intentions were. I don't know why I did, It must have been that damn bourbon Harry had given me. 

But now that I had seen Elana, the feelings resurfacing, I couldn't get her out of my mind. And I certainly couldn't marry another girl in less than 2 weeks time. I loosened the tie from around my neck, chucking it in the laundry hamper along with the rest of my suit, leaving me in only a pair of white Calvin Klein's. "Fuck!" I shouted, putting my head in my hands. I really fucked up this time. Anyone else would have been able to brush her off like she was nothing, but I just didn't have the willpower, I still hadn't let her go since university, I still loved her, I still missed her. 

I heard my phone ringing, and immediately the caller id flashed as an unknown number. Hoping it was Elana, I swiped across the screen and placed it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Niall." She breathed, her voice cracking a little, telling me she just woke up. I smiled at the thought. "I feel horrible. Your.. fiance, you just, we just.." She paused, "You have to tell her." 

"I know."

"When are you getting married?" She asked haphazardly, the topic clearly uncomfortable for her. 

"Less than 2 weeks." I stated, whispering a line of cuss words afterwards. I definitely wasn't ready for this.

"Oh god." She whined, "You know we aren't supposed to do this right?" She spoke, sounding more like a question than a statement. 

"I know but shit, I can't stop thinking about you lana." I admitted, opening a bottle of advil before swallowing two down with water. 

"We can't do this Niall, we already tried and it didn't work." 

"What are you trying to say here?" I asked, desperately hoping she wasn't about to say what I thought she was. 

"Marry her." 

"Wait what?"  A loud pounding sounded at my door, causing me to flinch at the loud sound. "Shit, one minute." I sighed, walking to the door, opening it to reveal Ellie, a smile plastered across her face.

"I forgot my purse." She giggled, trailing her fingertips down my abs lightly. She pressed another kiss to my cheek, "Who's on the phone?" I gulped.

"Uh" I tried to think of someone she wouldn't want to speak to, "Ed." She rolled her eyes, picking up her purse before leaving my apartment, not before leaving another kiss to my collarbone. 

I heard her breathing hitch, "Elana come over. Please. We need to talk."

"I think it's best if we don't Niall. Last night was fun, but that's all it was. You're engaged and I'm too busy working to deal with this. Whatever this is. Marry her, you went 4 years without me, I'm pretty sure you can go the rest of your life."

"Without lying, tell me you don't still love me. If you tell me you don't love me then I'll deal with it, I'll realize that what we had between us was over and we can live the rest of our lives without so much as a second glance to each other. I'll marry Ellie and you can find your prince charming. I'll delete your number, everything that reminds me of you i'll get rid of it. Everything you want me to do, I'll do it, If you tell me you don't love me." There was a pause for a while before she cleared her throat. 

"I can't do that Niall. Goodbye." She hung up, leaving me standing in my hallway in my boxers, phone pressed to my ear and my heart shattered at my feet. I was going to do everything it took to win her back, I let her go once and I wasn't going to let it happen again. The fact that she couldn't say it had to count for something right?  

I didn't know what to do, I was stuck, completely jammed. I had been with both Ellie and Elana. And I choose Elana every fucking time. Unlike Ellie she actually meant something to me, sure Ellie was a nice girl, she was good in the sack and she was there when you needed her to be, but that wasn't a reason to marry someone. You should marry someone because you love them, because you want to spend every waking moment with them and when you're not with them all you do is think about them. You should marry someone you have history with, someone you know inside out and still want to be with them. It came to mind that I didn't know much about Ellie. 

Sure I know that she liked tea more than coffee but I didn't know what she liked in her tea, I didn't know her favourite colour, favourite movie, favourite book, hobbies, dislikes, likes and It had also occurred to me that I knew exactly every single one for Elana.

She loved volleyball, or she used to. She likes to travel, she likes to read, her favourite book is The Fault in Our Stars even when she had read it more than 100 times, she liked coffee with milk and sugar. Her favourite movie was Ghost by Jerry Zucker, her favourite actor was Liam Neeson and her favourite thing to do was make people happy. It didn't matter what mood she was in, she just liked to be the reason for peoples smile. It had been 4 years yet I still remembered every little thing she said to me, and the one that stuck by me was the first thing she ever did when she saw me, and that was flip me the bird.  

((Hope you enjoyed that, I'm still trying to come up with ideas for a new Niall fanfic, so let me know ideas you have. I'm not doing a sequel to this I'm afraid because to be perfectly honest I don't think i could keep up with this story for another book, but what I have got planned after this book finishes is a series of one shots of Elana and Niall if you guys want me to? Instead of a sequel. I'm starting a completely brand new book, nothing to do with Elana and everyone in this book, sorry! But please give me ideas, It would be much appreciated, I'd rather hear what you guys would like to read rather than guessing and you guys hating it haha! ily all!!))