Chapter 66

Elia.

"No way!"

"Yes way!" Xander throws his head back and laughs. "It just happened."

And this is what I had missed between Nathaniel and I, the fact that we could all talk of the things we cannot talk to anybody, like this case. He is telling me of the guy he has seeing from another school in this town. 

"Oh God! you're such a slut you now right!?"

"And you sound super gay you realize right?"

"I am you know right." We laugh again. I take a handful of the puffs we are eating. "It's just you get wha tyou want all the time." I say.

"I have been told I have always been on beast mode. I didn't grow up with my biological mom- re- story for another time." he also reaches for a handful of chips. " You talked to Nathaniel yet?"

"He texted me- obviously lying again. He was with Garry when I called."

"He is going through a lot, that is why-"

"He is avoiding me?" My hand reaches for my chest. I tug on the bar on my nipples, and wince. Why did I get these by the way? These hurt as fuck.

"You're okay?" He asks genuinely concerned. "I mean, we can talk about it, you seem so off, and I am worried it's not only the Nathaniel issue."

"The thing is-" I decide to tell him. I f I keep any more things in myself, I am bound to die. No joking here. "-the night before we came here, I just had a feeling that Nathaniel and I will- you know- go through this. Like after- I don't know. I feel more attached to him than never before, like I can't even- think straight! he-he probably thinks I am crazy, the trip made me feel emotionally and physically attached to him than never before!"

"Oh my god." Xander gasps covering his mouth. "You guys slept together- didn't you!?" 

My face reddens as I look out through the tinted windows. My eyes set on Hannah walking with a very familiar girl wearing a hoodie. The two seem to be concentrating on whatever they are talking about. 

"Oh!!! Wow!!!"

"Shut up Xander, that is obviously the reason why he is avoiding me. He realized he is not gay after he slept with me! I was some sort of his experimenting toy."

Xander chuckles. 

"No... it has nothing to do with that. Isn't it he said he will turn up at work tonight. Why won't you talk to him then. Ask him- and tell him how you feel of all this." he sighs. "And I really need to know how you guys ended up having sex!"

***

His car is here, he is already here. Oh god! now it feel as if it would have been better if he wasn't here. 

I sigh before getting out of my car. The walk to the door seems too too short than ever. The bell goes as I enter. The first person I spot is Leo, with a paper bag. He sees me, and he smiles, but not as much as he does. He looks so exhausted with heavy bags under his eyes. 

"Hello Elia." he says. I walk to him and he gives me a hug- something I need right now. 

"Hey, how is it?"

"Good-"

"Leo, I can't find the receipts- Oh hey El." Oh hey? That is what I get after two days of completely nothing, then a 'hey!?'. I smile and nod bitterly. He is lucky his step-dad is on here otherwise I would have loved to greet him  with a slap.

"In the store room." I realize the two have talked when I am trapped in my own demon infested head. "I have to go- will you be stopping by?"

Nathaniel looks at me then at his step dad. "Maybe-"