Chapter 20

Nathaniel.

I will never lie that I watch the movie with a clear mind. All I can think of is what Elia has told me, it makes me feel bad for all the things I have done to him, including the way I have been ignoring him for the past days, which reminds me I haven't asked him of it, should i? I mean we are now friends right? Like I can go like 'Hey Elia, so I saw some hickeys on your neck last time... dating someone?" I know that we are friends now so this question shouldn't be awkward huh?

I look over at him, his eyes are glued on the screen as we watch Parker, I was actually surprised when he said he has never watched it before, this must the millionth time I am watching this. Elia seems to be lost in the movie, I don't even think he is blinking at all. I take this time as an opportunity to look at his neck. The hickeys are still there but very difficult to notice now. I look away before he could see me check him out again.

"Is he going to die?" Elia's voice brings me back to life. I roll my eyes. "Watch"

"Ugh, is there romance like is he going to take her on picnics or stuff?" The was Elia asks causes me to laugh. He must be joking huh?

"Only girls like those types of things" I snort. "I do... but I am not a girl" he sticks his tongue out before looking at the screen once more.
"But you also like what girls like huh? Boys?" I say in a teasing tone to make him feel comfortable and not to think that I am mocking him.

"I am not the first of my kind" he eagerly says throwing a toothy smile in my direction revealing the two silver balls that always seem to fascinate me every time I see them. "...and never the last."

"Not the first one to fuck a guy when you're a guy huh?" I decide to divert the story. He looks at me confusion painted on his face. "Fuck?"

"Those hickeys didn't find their way to your neck alone huh?" It now seems as if there is no movie anymore. Elia is facing me sitting on his other leg oblivious of his shoe on the white couch, I don't say anything about it though, his whole body is now facing me. He blushes seeming embarrassed at the same time not too happy for the topic I've raised.

"They didn't" he nods. "...but them being there doesn't mean I fucked some dude"

"So, it was a really a dude, you're really gay?" I look at him amazed by my new findings, hoping he we will let me know more. "I thought you figured that out when you banged my head on the table the first day we met." I would have felt guilty if he didn't make it obvious that he wanted to make me feel that way. I roll my eyes.

"So you have a boyfriend I see?" It turns out to be a question. He scrunches as face as if disgusted. "What the fuck?! Me boyfriend... no no no no, it was a friend, no big deal, can we not talk about it!" he seems irritated by my questions.

"So your friend gave you hickeys, what else did 'he' give you... and I thought you were new here... when did you make friends that gives you hickeys already."

"If you ask me anything else Nathaniel Sandas I swear I am going home!" he looks back at the screen resulting in me laughing. I don't know why I am so relieved that he has no boyfriend at the same time angered by the fact that he allows someone to do that to him. Again, something makes him different. I don't remember Elia calling me Nate as all my friends do, he calls me Nathaniel and something about it is just... different.

"Whatever."

Watching three movies a roll with my friends? That is something  unfamiliar, with Xander, Jake or Garry we will end up playing video games or going out or inviting some friends over, especially girls. But this as different as it is, it feels calm and warm. Every time I look at the movie Elia is watching. Some sappy romance. I smirk, he is weird, strange and awkward in a very good way. I don't even realize how close we are until now, I have no idea if I am the one who moved closer or he is the one who moved closer. All I know is I can feel his tiny body radiating heat to mine... and it feels so good.