Chapter 10

Nathaniel.

I drop my bag on the floor and make my way to my bed throwing myself on it making sure to not hurt Xander who gasps when I hit the bed with impact. I look at him concentrating on his phone with a smitten smile on it.

"Found your 'girl'"? I snicker. He snaps looking at me with a glare.

"No" he says. "Are you going to the party? It's tonight you know?"

"I do" I sit pulling my own phone from my pocket. "...and I am going, I haven't told my mom yet though" Which reminds me of how my mom and I have been so distant, I know it's because things haven't been alright, like financially. I have started to carry something from home, because even if it is my mom's fault that we are 'never' going to repay the loan in about ten years, the last thing I would want is to stress her. After all she is my mom.

"Whatever" he rolls his eyes and looks back at his phone. For a moment I debate on grabbing his phone from because he isn't even giving me any attention. I decide to fuck it, I grab the phone and quickly run to the other side of the room raising my arm in order for him to not reach.

"Natha- Fuck give me that phone right now!"

I take the time he runs to me as advantage to read the open chat. I don't manage to see the name but some phases. 'I really loved it-' 'We can't really-' '...friends with benefits'

With Xander being taller than me he grabs the phone back after I read another word. 'kiss'

"You're a dick!" he says quickly stepping back and eying me coldly as if he is to kill me.

"Who is this friend with benefit whilst you have a girlfriend? What is the huge secret? Wait- when did we start to hide secrets from each other?" I pretend to be hurt clinging to the walls.

"When did we start to raid each other's phones?" he answers softly walking to my bed and sitting carefully on it. His face turns red when he looks at his phone immediately shutting it and shoving it into his pockets. He looks away his face turning redder with seconds.

"Dude you are so smitten huh?" I ask dramatically placing both hands on either sides of my waist.

"No" The blush on his face does nothing than to betray him.

"Dude come on, tip me, it's obviously a girl. Tip me up" I sit on the bed rubbing my palms together with anticipation. "Do you really wanna know?" he asks his voice suddenly defeating. I nod watching him as he sighs.

"Okay, so I kissed someone today during lunch and it seemed to be not so bad, and..." he drags the last part. I motion for him to go on. "... I do like the person, like very... very much, but that same person likes my best friend, so we will be hooking up, that's all"

I raise my eyebrows realizing I am his best friend. "Me?"

"Yep you" I am about to reply but the knock on the door interrupts. "We'll talk about it soon" I point at Xander's red face.

"I don't fucking want to hear that mom! This is our last night here and you confidently tell me that everything is going to be alright! Where are we going to stay? Where are we going to... fuck! Mom how can you be this selfish?" I cry holding the eviction letter that is stating that this house has already been sold and we should be out by ten am in the morning.

"Don't use that tone on me young man! I tried everything I coul-"

"If you had tried everything then everything would have been alright!" my voice cracks as more tears run down my cheeks. "Where are we going to be?"

"I know I fucked up Nathaniel, don't you dare think I don't know that!" she steps closer the same time I take a step back.

"I know!" she sighs and wipes the tears daring to escape from her eyes. "I had no option than to talk to your father Nate, and I want you to listen before you scold me or anything"

I raise my eyebrow, already anticipating something greater than death.

"He is willing to take you in and I will be with a friend of mine till Christmas, and by new years we will be alright, I promise" My eyes widen. I try to say something, anything, but nothing comes out. "That is the only thing we can do now, I have tried and tried but you don't understand when I say nothing works out for me, first it was marriage now..." she wipes more tears. "...this" her arms go in every direction. More tears run down my cheeks. I am going to live with my dad, the man who caused this. As if my actions act on their own, I find myself nod.

Even my mom's eyes widen. She smiles trying to hide the first reaction. "I am so sorry Nate, I know he is not the best or the better, but- but, for now we have to face..."

I quickly run upstairs sick and tired of her stupid saying, excuses and justifications. All I want to do right now is to sleep, but I can't, I have to pack everything first. I look at my room, the room I am never going to own ever again. And- I- I am going to live with my dad and his boyfriend. His Boyfriend!? What? To see my dad kissing another man, who knows? To even hear on them. I sob closing the door and immediately locking it. I slide down the door pulling my knees up to my chest. Never have I ever thought that one day I will break down like this, not in a million years, not never. I allow myself to cry until my throat and eyes hurt. I quickly wipe the tears standing up and smiling to myself. I will be alright. Someday. I will just be the dick I am and forget about all this.

But as I pass through the mirror I realize what a mess I am. And for some reason my mind drifts to the boy I have tried to never think of for the past week, obviously failing. There is something in my eyes I sometimes see on him, the bags underneath, the sadness, the hopelessness. I give myself a reassuring smile then I see it, the exact look on Elia, the same exact! I try to forget about him but I end up packing all my stuff thinking of him.

The hell starts today, we are outside, my mom, myself, dad and some people who are helping us to move out. All we are left with is our personal belongings and the tv which is mine. Did I mention they also took my car, which may make you wonder how much the loan was. The rest has been taken. I look at the house that was once ours and to my mom. Anyone can tell how she is trying to act bold, she must be feeling worse. I know I should be by her side comforting her but that is the last thing I will ever do! I glare at the person who happens to be my 'dad' he is looking too at the house with pity and some look I can't identify.

"Okay, Ms Zake, I need you to sign here" one of the men says. Mom passes a sad smile before signing with a shaking hand. She smiles almost genuinely and looks at me.

"I guess this is it, I promise to call you as soon as I settle in"

"Don't bother" I walk to dad's car and sit at the back. He follows closely behind. I glare him sit and fixing the front mirror before he looks directly into my eyes through the mirror.

"Look Nathaniel, I know this is not going to be any easy for us both. But..."

"I don't want to hear it" I say with my jaw clenched. 

***

Poor little Nathaniel.... OHHHHH ohhhhhh I am so excited to meet his step daddy or what ever it is to him. i can't wait till i meet him