Chapter 24

This chapter starts in Nathaniel's P.O.V but will end in Elia's P.O.V. It will not be confusing, i will inform you. And please vote and leave comments. I need suggestions for the following chapters, i will include all your suggestions. Thank you again for finding time for my work.

Nathaniel.

I turn to feel a sharp pain in my chest, here we go again, I pull the covers back on and shut my eyes. There is no way I am leaving the house like this. Events of yesterday float back into my mind, Elia, Garry my friends, how everyone acted the complete opposite of how I anticipated! I guess I don't have bad friends after all. I hate I had to fall sick on a day like this, this is the day I was supposed to sit with my friends... and Elia during lunch but unfortunately, I have to stay in bed all day. A thick dry cough leaves my throat, scratching my throat during the process. I wince, pulling more covers over me. I hate this day! I hate being sick, very much! My breathing becomes so poor as I start to whiz. I then force myself out of the blankets slowly, getting a sharp pain from my chest as I make my way to one of my drawers, I open it and take my inhaler. After using it I make my way to the kitchen, to boil warm drinking water. Right then I see my dad's figure, he turns and smile. "Morning Nate."

I don't even know if I was alright I would have answered or not, but I don't. I walk to the sink and open tap, I wait for the water to turn hot before I slip my hands under it for a second before pulling it out. I place it again this time winces as the sharp heat.

"You're alright?" I ignore again. I feel slightly dizzy and grab hold of the sink. As I bend over my chest tightens and breathing becomes difficult. My whizzes increase.
"Calm down... let me get your inhalers" I feel my dad's hand on my back, before it travels to my waist. He helps me to stand and takes me to the couch, every step is agonizing, my chest hardening every time.
I close my eyes, not feeling anything anymore, the only sound is my breathing and the footsteps coming from the stairs.
"Get warm water!" I hear Leo say, I open my eyes to see him shaking my inhaler. The more I want to push him away the more I want him to help him, why did dad even let him-
I cough again, this time groaning to the pain on my throat. Once I get an asthma attack it is difficult to calm it. I will definitely need to get nebulized for this. I feel my shoulders hunch and tears start to pool in my eyes. It is now difficult to concentrate, I feel so agitated, confused... just so... irritated. My eyes drool and the next thing I know, all I can see is white.

I open my eyes to a beeping sound. I start to gather my thoughts trying building the last scene I remember, unfortunately the last thing I know is me in the kitchen, ignoring my dad. My eyes meet the white ceiling the and the smell I can never mistakes... salbutamol. I wiggle my nose irritated before I realize I have a nebulizer, I look at my arm to see a needle in it. I hate needles, I really hate needles.

Besides my breathing, I feel worse, my legs are numb, my lip are so dry, and I feel really tired. I look around the room to see that I am alone, which makes it obvious that I am admitted. Fuck!

Cold weathers have never been my thing, every winter I get admitted for at most seven nights. I usually stay or about a night or two, and judging by the way my breathing has improved, I might even go home sooner. The door opens and my eyes flicker there, I realize through the blurry image that I don't have my lenses in. I narrow my eyes trying to see, when I finally reach a clear angle my mid floats in confusion, Leonard?

"Hey. Feeling any better?" It's not the fact that he is here that surprises me but the fact that he is wearing a lab court. He is... a doctor?

He doesn't wait for me to reply him before he speaks out, "Let me check your vital signs." I watch him closely approach me. He takes a thermometer from the table next to me, isn't it that the nurses are supposed to do that. I let him do all he has to do, a part of me is embarrassed to be in this state and having him to help, I don't like him! I don't even have a reason to like him, but another part if me is angry to have him here. I decide to ignore it all and just lay hopelessly on the bed.