Chapter 4

Nathaniel.

"I can't believe he is gay, I mean, he can try not to show it but the way he walks and his hair makes it clear" Sage, one of my long life friend says. She flips backwards and goes on to file her nails.

"It is not a big deal" Xander rolls his eyes.

"Says the guys who punched him" I laugh looking at Garry who nods.

"Isn't it you told me he was exchanging papers and gave me the wrong ones, I need to pass and to graduate yet I thought he really was nice, but hell no, he is a dick" Xander says showing his emotions clearly, he seems betrayed. I laugh to myself. I didn't want to inflict pain on the boy directly so I had to let Xander do it, I lied, besides he gives better punches than myself. And besides Xander is being so stupid right now. How can he believe the boy exchanged papers how is it even possible? He should use his brains more. There is no way the kid has two sets of papers. Bum!

"Yeah, yeah" I say.

For some reason. My mind drifts to the days ago in the bathroom with Elia, he seemed hurt by my words, he seemed so fragile, unlike this afternoon when he showed no emotions.

"I think we should leave him alone though" Xander says standing up and stretching. "...we won't gain or lose anything out of him"

I hate to admit that Xander is right, nothing is to be gained, but there is something about this boy that I want to mess around with. I want to mess up with his emotions, I want to know how he reacts to things. I sigh.

"Whatever dude, this is high school" I shrug standing up too.

I get home to see my mom sitting on the couch with many envelops in her hands. The room was starting to get dark with the night. By the look on her face I could see that they were all bills. I frown as I sit next to her

"They cut off electricity, until we pay the bills there is nothing they can do." She says handing me the envelop. I open it and with shaking hands I open the letter. My eyes globe out as I see the figure. $70 564, there is no where we could get that money anytime soon, but later at the end of the month on my mom's pay day. I frown and scoot close to mom. She buries her head on my shoulder. Or she can take a loan, she has stable job.

"I don't know what we will do" she says.

"It's just two weeks to the end of the month mom, we can get pizza till then"

She sits up straight and start t shake her head vigorously, "There is something I should tell you" she clears her throat.

"I got fired" she mumbles.

"What? How?" I ask standing up and start pacing. She has to be kidding me, please this is all a joke. It has to be one.

"Mom, what about the money you have been saving up for my college?" I ask. She frown as her face turns guilt.

"Mom. Please tell me you did not spend it?" I yell.

"Honey we needed food an-"

"We never used all that money, why were you fired?" I ask. She looks down on the floor.

"I kind of got into a fight with someo-" I groan running my hands into my hair. "Honey, I swear we can fix thi-"

"Fix what mom?!" I yell.

"Calm down Nathaniel, there is more-"

My eyes finds a yellow letter. I bend down and pick it up. I read it carefully. By the time I finish, my eyes already had swollen with tears.

"Who took this loan mom? And when?" I ask.

"I did it to fix my car" she whispers.

"You are a selfish bitch!" I say before running upstairs.