Chapter 38

Sorry for the long wait, i started school on Tuesday so...yeah i have not been getting much time. But i will be updating about four chapters this weekend to make up for time i will not be able to update during the week. Not Edited.

Nathaniel.

I will be lying if I don't admit my heart is pounding like I am to have a heart attack any time now. Once the elevator opens I run to my house, hoping not to see my dad waiting in the halls for me. that will cause a scene and that will be very dramatic and embarrassing.

'Why do I even care?' I ask myself. I never care about anything my dad says anymore, then why am I panicking?

By the time I reach the door my palms are sweaty regardless of the harsh weather, but I immediately stop debating whether I should enter or not, I can run away right? No, of course I cannot! I sigh heavily and open the door. The lights are on and everything is unmoved. Dad is pacing the room with his hands pulled into fists and Leo sees me first. He has his white lab court on, he must have arrived and noticed my dad's car missing or something.

He passes me a disappointed look before he turns to dad, "He's here."

Dad vigorously swings his body turning to me and takes huge steps to me. I don't even realize I have backing off until my body hits the door with my back, shutting it close in the process.

"Where the hell were you? You wanna give me a heart attack? Where is my car Nathaniel Sandas!" I run out of words staring at his dark angry eyes. Even if I receive a slap any moment from now, I swear I will not be surprised.

Yes, this is not the first time seeing my dad angry, but it is my first time seeing him on the verge of exploding.

"You're deaf now!? You can't hear me!? Answer me right now! Where the hell have you been?" I gulp, still staring at him. I look past him at Leo, who is looking at us wide eyed. Seems as if I am not the only one surprised by dad's anger.

"I'm so-"

"I didn't ask you to apologize! Where the hell were you?" he demands for an answer.

"At a friend's house." I simply say, my heart beating super fast and hard. "What kind of friend... this early? Have you been parting thing late? Drugs? Alco-"

"I swear I was a friend's house!"

"Oh... friend... what kind of friend will allow you into their house this time? Worth stealing 'my' car for?" he puts emphasis on the 'my'. "...Nathaniel if you think I am your mom who you pull your stupid actions on me!"

"Please don't put mom into this!"

"So stop provoking me Nathan! I do everything for me all you return is disrespect and stealing my damn car in the fucking middle of the night!" My heart stings when his voice breaks and eyes water. I made my dad tear up. As much as I want him to stop talking, I want him to pour his heart at me. "...I know I messed up! I know I ruined everything we had together! I know that Nate, but I also want to be me. I want to stop doing things for the society! Or... or for anyone. I want to do things for me! I love Leo and I want it to be like that! If you are disrespecting me for it then I don't know Nate! I don't know what to do anymore for you!" by the time he finishes, his cheeks are stained. I find it difficult to talk, or react or even walk away.

Dad steps back before he turns from me and walks up the stairs leaving me and Leo in the same room. Leo awkwardly looks at me, clears his throat and walks up to me. I let my eyes close swallowing the lump on my throat before I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. I know it's Leo.

"Where were you Nathan?"

"I swear I am not lying, I was at Elia's house... he's my... he's my- friend. He promised to call me before we slept and he didn't... and i... I-"

When I open my eyes to look at Leo, I see a faint smile trying to escape on his lips. "What?"

"Nothing... goodnight. Don't disappoint your dad, he loves you." Leo leaves me surprised a he runs up the stairs, calling my dad on the way.

***

Weekends are supposed to be fun, but this particular one, is far from it. After the incident with my dad the other night, the next morning he frankly told me that I am grounded, meaning I am going to be stuck the whole day here alone... yes I know what you are thinking, I can invite Elia over and all that shit, but the thing is Leo will be here in any minute from now, he was on night duty again.

My punishment includes doing laundry and house chores, so I make sure I clean the whole house excluding my dad's room and mine. When I finish doing all the shit, my mind was swelling with thoughts of yesterday with Elia. I swear there is no question about it, I like how he makes me feel, in both ways, all I can do is to think of him.

I decide to study, I go through most of the few notes I have. After that I lay on my bed bored as fuck. I guess I can in the day, but my phone has other ideas, it goes off on the desk I was studying on.

A huge smile pops on my face when I see the caller.

"Hello?"

"Xander my man, you're good?" I sit up straight.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm getting discharged today, your boyfriend is here to get me." a smile forms on my lips hearing that Elia is with him.

"That's good news..." "...I'm sorry I could have come but you know... I am grounded and all that shit."

For some reasons when my dad told me he has grounded me, I decided to follow along with his rules. Even when mom grounded me I never listened to her, but something made me go along with it, and I know... I deserved it.

"Sorry man, Elia can't stop babbling how it's all his fault and the like..." I hear Elia's voice scolding Xander at the background before Xander laughs saying, 'hey! He has to know!'

"Tell him it has nothing to do with him." I say, feeling a bit guilty myself. "Just a week and I will be set free, and remind him I'll see him at school on Monday." Xander laughs.

"Tell him, I am not your intermediator or that shit... thanks for everything... oh the doctor is here... will let you know everything else."

He stops the call before I could reply. I lay back on my bed with a wide smile on my smile.

Sunday, the same happens, all day working, studying and sleeping. Leo spends the whole day home, but we don't talk as usual. My dad returns late after nine looking so tired and pale, as if possible, even slimmer. I realize he doesn't eat anything tonight, just walks past Leo and I claiming to eat in the morning.

I put everything away, and do the dishes. Just as I am about to go upstairs to sleep, the door bell rings. I go to the door and unlock it. When I swing the door open, my eyes widen seeing the person behind it.

"What are you doing here?"

Short Chapter. Vote and comment. There is going to be drama in the next chapter which is coming in a few.