Chapter 40 *the end*

*Ashton's POV 

What did I do wrong this time? Out of nowhere Brooke just got so mad at me for buying this place. When I heard her saying not to babe her that was the moment I lost it. "BROOKE, DON'T JUST WALK AWAY! FUCKING TELL ME WHAT DID I DO WRONG ?!" I yelled and she stopped walking. "Really Ash?" she asked I went in front of her and saw the thing I hated the most. Saw her in tears again, damn I hated that thing so damn much. 

"Shit, I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to yell-" "YOU BOUGHT IT ASH ... it was supposed to be our place. OURS! but I guess you didn't care enough." "What the fu- babe I did this for you, it's all for you. I still wanted this to be our spot, so that no one could ever interrupt us. I wanted to make it perfect for you." I looked confused at her. Why was she acting like this. "And that's why you brought 'company' here every time you came, because you wanted it to be perfect for us!" she cried. 

"How could you do that? You knew perfectly fine how I feel about this place and you just invited all your sluts to spend the night here with.

*Brooke's POV*

I knew I was being a bitch about this. He probably really needed some company, I shouldn't judge his past, but I really couldn't see him with other girls, especially in our spot. In the place we first made love, in the place he had told me he loves me for thousands of times, in the place I learned to love him, I just couldn't bare the pain. "I'm sorry..." I whispered as tears started forming in his eyes "I didn't mean it like that." he closed his eyes  stepping closer to me "Brooke.. I promise, I never brought anyone in here."

"Stop Ash, I heard Jeffrey as clear as you did and I don't even know why I'm acting like this, I shouldn't even care how many girls you brought here ...it's just a stupid old lake." I took a deep breath  trying to calm myself. It was supposed to be our place and for some reason I just hated him for bringing other girls here,I never brought anyone to this place and I just felt like I couldn't trust him, even though I knew I could. 

"My sister, Lauren" his glowing eyes met mine "she was the only girl who came here. Plus Harry and the guys. That's it Brooke. I bought the place two years after I left and in 8 years I came here only 3 times babe. I couldn't see this place without you here, it hurt too damn much.The mayor wanted to build a mall here, I couldn't let that happen, that's why I even bought it, to make sure it stays ours forever." he tried to hold back his tears. Fuck, what was in my head. He fucking loves me and I almost blew it up again. 

"I'm sorry." I said letting tears fall from my eyes. "Yeah.." he whispered and I ran to him snaking my arms around his neck. " Damm it, Ash, I'm sorry!" he hold me tight running his finger through my hair. "Brooke?" "Yeah?" I buried my head in his chest. "You really don't make things easier for me." he chuckled. "I'm sorry babe, I just don't know what happened." he kissed my forehead "Don't babe me!" he whispered "No, actually, babe me all the way, babe!" I chuckled and he kissed my nose. "Brooke I want you ! I need you ! I love you , there is no one out there who could replace you, ever. Come with me." he took my hand and I followed him back to the lake. 

"How could you think I'd bring 'sluts' over here?" he asked giggling and I playfully rolled my eyes.  "I'm afraid Ashton. Everything seemed so perfect since I'm with you again and I'm just scared of getting.." "Your heart broken again?" he continued my sentence. "Yeah." I whispered. "Brooke, I wouldn't let that happen again and you know it." he kissed the top of my head. "We suffered too much, we need each other like a fish needs the water, now come! I have something to show you." he jumped into the lake. 

"I always hoped this day would come and deep down I knew it would come eventually." he dive into the water and I was just with my feet into the water sitting in the warm marble surface. He came out with a tiny treasure box his grin spreading on his face. "I don't wanna waste any more time than I already did, Brooke. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" he smiled opening the little box.