Chapter 12

*Ashton's POV*
I stopped the engine and got out of the car. I couldn't hold it in. I let my tears fall. I saw the lake and it reminded me of our first time. I got so angry on me! Why did I lie?

I was so pissed at myself I started to punch the trees and to kick them. My hands began to bleed but I didn't care. I loved Brooke too much, it teared me apart seeing her with that guy! I was too late!

She didn't care anymore! I sat down crying with my hands on my knees and my head in my hands. I didn't want to do this anymore! Why did I listen to Matt Emsell when I know I love her !

Not even the physical pain made me forget about the pain caused by her hugging that boy.

I just sat there crying.

*Brooke's POV*

"Well Josh I am really happy for u ! I envy u ! You got him here! but me? I don't even know where Ashton is! Heck! I don't even know if we're still together." I said.
"Oh, come on! Don't be sad! I know he is thinking about you!"

I sat there, I missed Ash so much.
"Josh? Will you mind me if I'm going to mine and ash's place? I really miss him and I want to spend some time there."
"Not at all! Go sweetheart! I'll go home!" he kissed me and then left.

I walked there just thinking about everything me and Ash were been through. I remembered his last kiss! God! I miss his kisses! Why didn't he call? why does he do this? Nothing makes sense.

I was so close to our spot and suddenly I heard something, someone. I hoped it was just a little square because I would hate if someone else would discover this place.

I went towards the spot where the noise came from. My jaw dropped when I saw Ash sitting there with his head in his hands. My knees went all weak. Am I delusional? I asked myself.

I didn't make a sound only tears filled my eyes. I thought I was seeing ghosts. He couldn't be here!

Eventually I gathered all my strength together and manage to speak.
"Ash?" I asked.
He quickly turned around and showed his face.

He had red puffy eyes, like he had cried for some time. I saw blood on his hands.
"Ash? are you ok?" I was overwhelmed.
Didn't know what to do.

I wanted to go and hug him, kiss him!
"You wouldn't care anyways!" He said as he got up. I was so confused. What the hell was he talking about?

"What the fuck Ash?" I screamed as he passed by me.
He stopped walking. "You got someone else now Brooke! I get it!" He said not turning around for me ti see him.

"Don't you dare just walk away from me! What the heck are you talking about? DON'T YOU DARE TELLING ME I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DIDN'T CALL FOR A WHOLE DAMN WEEK!" I screamed tears forming in my eyes and I could barely hold them.

He turned around. He had tears in his eyes. "I did it so I can protect you !" he said soft.
"PROTECT ME? FROM WHO?" I yelled.

"From our fans hate! and what did you do? ran into someone elses arms?" he said.
"For God's sake! What the fuck are you talking about! It hadn't passed a day not missing you or thinking about you!" I said by now tears already running down my cheeks.

"At least stop lying Brooke! I saw you today with that guy on the beach!" Ash said.
"What guy?" I asked confused
"That tall and black haired guy!" he said.

And then it hit me. He was talking about Josh! He saw me and him together and assumed we were dating. I started laughing.

He looked confused. "He's gay, Ash! He's been here for me since you've been gone but he's gay!" I explained smiling.
"What?" he said processing what I just told him.