Chapter 24

*Brooke's POV*

"Now if you excuse me, I have other plans for today, we'll discuss this tomorrow!" I said standing up and asking them politely to go. "Of course Ms Scott! We'll be here first thing tomorrow!" Emsell said standing up and going towards the door. Ashton stood up as well, he came into my direction, looked at me "I'm sorry!" he whispered and then walked away. 

I was so confused, didn't know what he meant to say by that. My whole world was torn apart. A part of me always thought, imagined, that he was thinking about me, but I guess it was just a desire, he clearly moved on. It's possible for another woman to carry his child and I was thinking all along that he would actually think about us as I did. 

I had to show him that I moved on, I had to be strong for this and take it only as a regular case, nothing more. 

"Hey ... you OK?" Andy came in my office worried as she was the only one who knew about Ashton. We are friends and somehow I told her everything. It was really hard for me to trust people at first, and Kate and Josh were so far away, we still chat sometimes, but it's not like it used to be, nothing is. Andy is a good person and a good friend so I opened up to her and she knew how hard this must've been for me. 

"Not really ... I don't know!" I said trying to hold my tears. "Where's Ashley?" I asked remembering I took her with me.

"Oh, she was playing around on the halls! I let her play, if you like I'll ask her to come in." Andy explained. "Uhmm, I think I will take the rest of the day off.." I stated. "Ok ! I'll let you know if something comes up." Andy smiled. 

I closed the door and went to find Ashley. She was laughing with Mike, John's associate, he's the youngest around here. 

"Hii, see you're having fun here!" I smiled seeing her happy. "Yeah, I was telling Mike about what I did today!" Ashley stated. "Really?" I watched as Mike nodded smiling. "Well, we should go continue that film, shouldn't we?" I asked Ashley. "Yeah we should!" she said standing up. She then took something of Mike's desk and gave me her hand. 

When we were in the elevator she put a hat on her head smiling. My smile faded as I realized it was Ashton's. "Hey sweetie, where did you get that from?" I asked. "My friend gave it to me." she smiled sweetly. I furrowed my eyebrows "What friend?" "Ash, it was that man that gave me chocolate today! He was here too, and we played together!" she laughed as I was confused. "I had so much fun with him today, mom! He was so nice to me!" she smiled. A few tears made their way to my eyes when I saw her being so happy. If she only knew he's her father. 

"Yeah, he's a kind man!" was all I could say. "So will you help him, mommy?" she asked worried. "I will try!" "Promise?" she made me promise. "Promise!" I said kissing her forehead. 

We went and watched Frozen again, but this time no one interrupted us. After that we went home and it was already 5pm.  

I went in the bathroom and took a shower. As the drops of water were falling on my bare skin, the tears made their way and ran down my cheeks. I wasn't sure that I was crying because Ashton really moved on or because he met his daughter and he had no idea who she was. 

I took a towel and got myself dry then I took some blue skinny jeans and a white shirt. I applied some light make up and then blow dried my hair. I let it straight as it natural is and then warmed up the food. The bell rang straight on time. 

"Hi Brooke, so I brought the desert!" John said entering. "Hi John, nice to see you!" I greeted. Ashley gave him a weird look but she saluted him as well. "Oh, I hope you're not mad at me Ashley! I'm sorry if I upset you!" John smiled. "It's okay!" she said hugging him.