Chapter 37

"Honey, you should go and rest a little-" "No mom, I'm fine. I want to be here when she wakes up." I smiled as I watched over Ashley through the glass window. The guys just left to rest their selves and unpack their things. Ashton took them to my place and it was only me, mom and Angie there as they were as stubborn as I was to leave. "Brought your coffee, sweetened up with lots of sugar as you like it" Angie handed me the coffee and I returned her the smile "Thanks Angie!"

She sat down on the chair in front if mine and mom's. "So how long has she been there?" Angie asked sipping on her coffee. "It's been at least 24 hours." I glanced at Ashley's resting body. "Look B, you need to go have some sleep. Me and mom will stay here, you really need to rest, you've been awake for more than 24 hours now and it's not healthy." I chuckled at her concern "Stop it, I'm not kidding. I didn't gave up on my Jamie so I can come here to see you destroy yourself!" she giggled a little, but still kept that serious expression. 

"Jamie? I thou- wasn't it Tyler?" I asked confused. She started laughing "He, no! Tyler was never my boyfriend! Only you kept teasing us... I thought you knew we weren't a couple." I looked at her and realized how much I missed being home. She was 16 already and she finally got her first boyfriend, around her age I met Ashton and it felt so weird. How my life went, I have a 10 year old daughter and I'm only 28. I never expected my life to turn like this, even though now I can't imagine it being any different. 

*Flashback*

"No Kate, I won't!" I laughed as she dragged me with her to the giant clock in the city. "Oh come on! You can't miss this! 2012 will catch us fighting over stupid things? No! You'll move your posterior right now there!" I chuckled at her statement and gave in. It was rather hot night and honestly I didn't exactly want to spend my new year at home alone. I put on my short blue dress and let my hair fall. 

"Maybe you'll finally meet someone who you'll actually like!" she laughed and I just rolled my eyes. "If you're gonna bail on me you're so gonna regret this!" I warned her as she just smiled "Ally will be there too, you know?" Kate always finds herself a cute boy and whenever we go to a party she just forgets about me. "Yeah ok, let's go. It's 23:15 pm, 45 minutes and 2012 comes." I chuckled as we hopped into the car. "Thanks Dan, see you tomorrow?" I waved "Sure Brooke, Happy New Year darling!" he smiled. 

"Happy New Year, Dan!" I chuckled and closed the door as he drove back home. "Ok, here we come!" Kate giggled. "Hii guys" Ally ran and hugged as she saw us from a mile away. "Glad to see you here Brooke!" she smiled "Hii Ally, yeah thank Kate for that!" I looked around as Kate simply disappeared into the crowd. "Yeah, typically Kate!" I said to myself. "Oh she's just having fun!" Ally smiled taking my arm and holding me close. "So the new year comes... and neither of us have a boyfriend.." "Yeah.. what are you suggesting?" I asked confused. "Pick one!" she smiled pointing at a crowd of boys, all muscular and hot. I laughed at her "What? Why?" 

"Well.. Kate probably will go for Ted, you know him.. we have to kiss someone. It's the tradition!" she whimpered. I laughed at her statement "What tradition? we never do that." "Well I thought we should start making a tradition. So pick one!" she insisted. I kept giggling at her suggestion "Ok.. ok I will!" I stated looking around checking all those guys out. 

"Ahh, I found him!" she giggled loosening up my arm grip. "Wait. Where are you going?" "Brooke, is 23:40pm, only 20 minutes.. what if he is not really the one? I still have to talk to him.." she said leaving me alone. "Perfect!" I sighed founding myself alone in this big crowd. I looked at all those boys, but for me it kinda sounded stupid to go and just kiss him at midnight, because of a tradition that me Kate and Ally didn't even have yet. 

I rolled my eyes and turned around spotting a bench somewhere less surrounded by people. I looked at the clock who pointed 23:50 and just sighed sitting down staring at all those people. "Is this seat taken?" I heard a voice interrupting my thoughts. I glanced over and saw a boy with cute smile on his face and straightened blonde hair pointing at the bench. "Nope." I smiled "Only 3 minutes.. aren't you suppose to be with your friends?" he asked making me face him again. Ughh that smile! He even got dimples.. "Long story short, I happen to be dumped alone by my friends...a lot."