Chapter 34

It's been two hours since I was in the hospital. I held Ashley's little hand hoping she would wake up already. I flinched my body to her head and kissed her forehead. 

I glanced at Ashton smiling seeing him so  handsome. I couldn't help but to walk to his bed and kissed softly his lips. I saw his eyes moving and felt his lips kissing mine too. He opened his eyes and I rubbed his cheek with my thumb gently. "Hey you!" I greeted. He smiled and tried to get up, but I heard a loud groan escaping his mouth. "Don't move babe!" I said worried looking at his hurting expression. "Ashley!" I heard him whisper. 

"She's fine, she's here!" I smiled pointing at the bed where Ashley laid. He turned his head and watched her sleeping. "She's covered in bruises!" he pointed out. "She was hit by a car." I glanced over her. Ashton took my hand and softly squeezed it."I need to take her little hand!" he gasped trying his best to stand up.

"Ashton stop! You'll hurt yourself .." I whispered. He raised his back and he was now sitting. "I don't care." He grabbed the side of the bed with his right hand. He gasped a little from the pain caused when he stood on his feet. "Ashton be careful!" I said grabbing his arm putting it around my neck and with my right hand I held his back. 

He stepped to Ashley and I saw a smile spreading on his lips. "My little girl!" he whispered holding her hand and with the other one leaning on the bed. Ashton kissed her forehead "Open your eyes sweetie, daddy's here!" my heart picked up its beat and I smiled when I heard him saying that. I was behind him and I rubbed gently his back for the shirt to straighten up.

I furrowed my eyes when I saw his skin. I tugged at his shirt raising it a little so I can get hold of a better view of his skin. A big purple bruise was spread on his back and it hurt just looking at it. "Babe, let's get you to bed, you need to rest!" I whispered. 

"Is it that bad?" he chuckled turning his head to me. I closed my eyes just imaging how much it hurt him and he still smiled. He was so strong for me and I couldn't thank him enough. "Babe, what is it?" he said looking at me. I felt a tear filling me eyes "I'm just, I can't thank you enough Ash! I don't know what I would do if u were not here. I'm so-" "Shh, baby don't cry!" he whipped my tears. "But you're hurt and I can't do anything to take away your pain and-" he crushed his lips on mine not letting me speak anymore. Our lips moved in sync. 

"Brooke, don't you ever say that. Look at me!" he said rising my chin. "Every time I look at you, the pain goes away. Baby, you give me strength and you don't have to thank me for anything. I wanted to do this. Ashley's my daughter too, you're my family!" he said pulling me in to kiss me. "I love you Ashton!" I smiled as his forehead was leaning on mine. "I love you too!" he kissed me again. I helped him to get to his bed and just laid beside him. 

"Come closer  babe!" he requested. I did as he said and he kissed me soft. After a few seconds that kiss turned out into a whole male out session. After all these years I really needed him and all my senses came alive whenever he touched me.

Then we just talked about how we've been and I remembered about my work and that I have on Monday the trial court with Malone. I wasn't in that mood at all, honestly I didn't even care if he put his hands on that industry. I could care less, I just wanted Ashley and Ashton to be ok. 

Ashton's phone rang and I went to get it for him. It was Luke, I handed the phone to Ashton and he picked up. "Hey." I heard him saying. "I'm at the hospital right now. Ashley was in surgery. Tell Calum I'm sorry for not showing up at the wedding anymore." he spoke and listened to Luke. He rose his chin up to me "Yeah" he smiled "I got the girl" he continued making me smile. "Sure. Room 203! ...bye!" he hang up. 

I gave him a confused look. "Well Calum's on his way to the honey moon, Michael and Luke want to meet their niece!" he smiled taking my hand. Shivers crossed my skin. Niece? it sounded so weird as only Angie used to call Ashley like that.