Chapter 26

"Andy,call Emsell, it's done!" I said walking towards my office. I just came back from Mexico, and I left Ashley with a sweet old lady that usually watches her when I'm at work. 

"What do you mean?" Andy asked standing up from her seat. "I convinced Melissa to sign that thing!" I explained. 

"So you saw her? How is she?" Andy asked. "She's a beautiful liar!" I said rising my eyebrows. Andy was confused, I could tell that by the face she had in that moment. "It's not Ashton's child!" I explained. "So they won't actually have to pay that bitch anything?" Andy smiled. 

"Not exactly, her boyfriend died, Andy, and she need those money to keep her baby, plus Ashton wouldn't mind paying!" I said. "So you're just gonna let him pay 2 million dollars to a stranger, who's not even carrying his child?!" Andy asked confused. "Not 2 million, 30 thousands!" 

"If you think that's for the best, then, it might be!" Andy stated. "Yeah, this way it's a win win!" I looked her in the eyes "Now call them!" I demanded. 

She did as I said and in the next hour Emsell and Ashton came to my firm. "So? What's up this time?" Matt asked. "It's done, here's the contract, the only thing left to do is for you to sign it!" I said looking at the window. 

Matt laid his eyes on the paper and began reading it. "How did you do this?" he asked seeming extremely happy. "Well they've been saying I'm the best at what I'm doing!" I smiled. 

"So it's over?" Matt laughed as Ashton signed the paper. "Yeah, it is!" I smiled. I could tell Ashton was still worried. "Hey!" I said catching his attention. "It's not your child!" I said. His face became brighter at a smile took over his face. He came towards me and unexpectedly took me into a tight hug. "Thank you!" he whispered holding me tightly burring his face in my shoulder. 

My heart beats quickened and I slowly wrapped my arms around him. I missed this so much. I wanted to stay like this forever. 

"So I'll wait for you in the car!" Matt said as Ashton broke the hug. I wasn't ready to let go of him. Emsell left and closed the door behind him. Ashton looked at me "Thank you Brooke!" he said. I wanted to hug him one more time, I needed that. 

"Yeah, no problem!" I smiled. 

"Look I ... uhm ... want to... uh, Can I buy you dinner sometime? I want to properly thank you and -" "Yes!" I smiled looking at how cute he was struggling asking. He smiled "So are you busy tonight?" he asked. "Tonight?" I asked thinking about Ashley and what am I supposed to do with her. "No, I'm not!". "Good, so 6pm, Central park ?" he asked. "That works for me!" I smiled. "Ok then, see you tonight!" he smiled leaving. 

I couldn't control my feelings, and my heart was going to explode! I was going to finally get to talk to him after so much time. 

"Hey, are you ok?" Andy snapped me out of my thoughts entering in the office. "Yeah, I think I am!" I said moving my eyes in her direction. "You know, if you want ... I can take care of Ashley!" she said wanting to get to the topic of Ashton asking me out. I smiled at her attempt "You know if you want to make a remark you don't need a pretext !" I laughed. 

"Look I ... uhm ... want to... uh, Can I buy you dinner sometime? I want to properly thank you and maybe screw you tonight!" She said imitating Ashton, but adding some extra lines. I squeezed my eyes glaring at her. "Ha ha ha !" I said sarcastically. "No seriously,Brooke, you need to be careful! He had broken your heart once, what makes you think he won't do it again?" Andy warned. 

I furrowed my eyebrows "Because I know it wasn't his intention, Andy!And now he just wants to thank me, that's it!  I know him!" I said. "It's been 10 years ... are you sure you know him?" she asked as I rolled my eyes. "He couldn't change that much!" I said slower trying to convince myself too. "I'm just saying, you should be careful! I don't want you to get hurt again!" she smiled. "I will ! Promise!" I assured her.