Chapter 23

*Ashton's POV* 

"Man this thing is kinda fucked up !" Luke said watching worried at the picture of me and the girls from the party who is accusing me of getting her pregnant. 

"We should pay her!" I stated. 

"Yeah, I thought about it, but what if she won't quit? What if it's not even your child and you'll get in more trouble for this. Think about it! Ashton Irwin payed the mom of his child to keep quiet. How's that sound for a magazine cover? We can't risk it. If we're gonna pay her she will come up with some other lie. You can't just keep giving her money to shut her mouth up! We need to fight back, get a lawyer and end this thing once and for ever." Matt, our manager, said.

"If I won't pay her before the child is born she will go public ! We'll lose fans! I can't put you all in trouble for my mistake!" I said sliding on the wall.

"Man I'm telling you, you're stressing out for nothing. Let her make this public! We can get through this ! Together! Our fans stayed with us through all these years. Some lame rumors won't make them run away, at least not the true fans of ours." Calum said patting my back. 

"Yeah Ash! I'm sure she's just lying to get attention. That's what that bitch wants !" Michael scoffed. "What if she's not lying? What if that unborn child is really my child?" I asked not sure. I couldn't remember anything from that night, especially that it was 8 months ago. 

"Well if that's your child you will pay what the law says you need to pay, but until we know for sure that's your baby, we won't pay anything!" Matt demanded. "She will go public.." I whispered. 

Luke looked at me and understood what I wanted to say this whole time. For me it didn't matter that I was supposed to pay her two million dollars or a billion, money is not a problem. All I wanted was to get this whole thing over and not to make it public. I didn't want her  to see what I've become, because one rumor, that's all it takes to make her whole impression about me to change. 

Even though we haven't spoken for ten years, every time I look at a picture with her, I still feel her touch and hear her laugh. And even though I tried to forget her, somehow, something always needs to remind me of her. I was with so many girls, every night other girl, but all I could see was her, my teenage love, Brooke Scott. I always wonder if leaving her was the biggest mistake of my life. 

"Hey, it will be ok! I promise! We will find a way to keep this to us, no media this time!" Luke said as we fist bumped. 

*** 

Here I am sitting in my car outside of the Institutional Court of New York City. I am waiting for Matt Emsell to come back, he went it as he said he needs to find out who the best lawyer is. 

I was just checking Twitter and I saw a beautiful little girl, all by herself looking around at the building. I figured out she was lost and I got out if the car to see what's going on. I went towards her and she gave me a smile as she realized I was going to her. 

"Hello!" I said as I let myself down to her height. She just looked at me not saying anything. "What is a pretty little girl doing here all by herself?" I asked. 

She was checking me out not sure if to speak or not, as I realized I need to show I'm trust worthy I saw a chocolate shop and I went to buy some chocolate. The little girl was still there. I went to her and gave her the chocolate. 

"Here, I think you might like this!" I said and her face lit up by a beautiful laugh. "Are you bribing me?" she laughed. The laughter was so clear and innocent, I know only one person with this kind of laughter. "Is that wrong?" I smiled.