Shorty (8)

Ben turned around to see you standing a few feet from him. His limbs were stuck in place. He had hoped that you were there, but he didn't know what he was going to do if he saw you. The four of you stood still, letting a few seconds pass.

"[Y/n]," Ben whispered and got closer to you. It was hard to resist him. You wanted to move away from him, but instead you embraced him. He caught you in his arms with a huff. "Shorty," Robert hugged you as well. The three of you stood at the entrance of the restaurant, hugging each other. Lindsay had gone to take care of a customer.

"Where? H-how. Why?" Ben's tone was full of hurt, he couldn't formulate his sentences. "Can we talk outside please," you didn't want him inside the restaurant. "I'll give you two your space," Robert knew he shouldn't be in their conversation. He had the same questions but he knew some relationship trouble was going to come up and he didn't want to be in between of that. He walked to one of the spare tables and took a seat.

You and Ben walked outside. "I'm sorry, you won't understand why I left," you started out. "You didn't leave, [Y/n], you disappeared. I had no clue where to find you or how. I felt sick, I felt disoriented. I wanted to know where you were. I needed to know you were okay," Ben paced the parking lot, he couldn't keep still. He felt relief, but he was slightly raging.

"I had to leave, it was my only opportunity. I had to leave because," you paused for a few seconds. You could tell him, but you knew he was going to stop everything he was doing to be with his son, you didn't want him to do that. "Because what?" Ben stopped and faced you. "My parents are shit," you decided to say. "Oh I know. I had the unfortunate pleasure to meet your father. I understand why you wanted to leave, but you didn't have to leave without telling me. Robert and I were worried sick," Ben got closer to you.

"Ben I know you'll never forgive me," you started out but he interrupted you. "But I have. You don't understand the relief I'm experiencing at the moment. I've been worrying for more than 6 months, I feel like I can finally breathe," Ben held onto your hands. You felt so dirty. You were feeding him lies.

You were going to hug him, but the car beside you beeped as it was unlocked. Ben and you turned to the entrance of the restaurant to see Downey walking out. He didn't look happy. Lindsay followed right behind. "Don't try to stop me," he jogged to the rented car. "RD, don't," Lindsay jogged after him. "What's going on?" Ben asked.

"There's a crying baby inside, no one's claiming him. I want to call child services, but Lindsay won't let me," Robert explained, he had left his phone inside the car. Lindsay worriedly looked at you. "Stop," you spoke up and began to walk inside. Robert still got his phone, but he followed you inside. You walked all the way to the back.

They were all a few steps behind. You grabbed baby Tim and started cooing him. "Are you hungry?" you talked to the baby. Robert and Ben stood still in place as they saw everything unfold. You grabbed a blanket from your diaper bag. Without making eye contact with them, you swiftly covered one of your breast and started breast feeding your baby. You took a seat.

Ben and Downey were completely shocked. "This is why I left," you finally looked up. "You...you had a baby," Downey pointed out the obvious. "My...baby?" Ben was out of it. He had mixed feelings and didn't know how he was going to react if you said yes.

"Ben, you won't understand," you stated. "Is that my baby?" this time he asked more forward and with a bolder tone. You gulped and nodded your head. He covered his face with his hands and began to pace back and forth. His hands swiped down, revealing his face full of rage. He was going to put a hole in the wall, but Downey was quick enough to stop him. "Let's go outside," he practically had to push Ben out.

You stayed inside, but you could still hear Ben raging. Everyone inside could hear him.

"That's my baby! She kept him from me! Why?! Robert, why?!" Ben's loud voice was muffled inside the restaurant. All you could see were Downey's movements, you couldn't hear his voice. "Alright man, look I don't know okay. This is a huge surprise to me as well but we need to calm down," Robert walked towards Ben.