Fire Drill (2)

It's been weeks since Sarah asked you that question. She attempted to switch her schedule around that way she didn't have to be in your class because she was embarrassed of the question she asked. The schedule change only resulted in her switching out of your second hour class to your sixth hour class.

It was weirder for you since Ben frequently visited your room at that time because he had no sixth hour class.

You were wrapping up the lesson when Ben entered the room. Your students began talking as they packed up. Ben walked to your desk and leaned against it while you and him began planning for next weeks assignments. Sarah observed from her seat.

***

As the weeks passed by, you took account of how many times you and Ben visited each other in class. It was always a routine to have lunch together and just talk about school or each other's personal life. That's why you and him were such great friends, because you trusted him with most of your secrets.

Ben normally gave you a cup of coffee every Friday morning. You arrived to your classroom and set everything in order. You heard the knob shift and a few steps come in. Your fingers rapidly typed at your keyboard since you were replying to an email. "Caramel latte for thee," he set your coffee on your desk. You rose your head, "Thank...you."

You paused for a few seconds observing his well fitted button up shirt and his sleeves rolled up. "You know you could dress casually today," you took your coffee and took a sip. Ben lightly chuckled and leaned against your desk, "Yes and I wish I could wear some jeans and T-shirt at the moment but mum and dad unexpectedly arrived yesterday. They want to go have dinner at a nice restaurant."

You giggled, "Why don't you just dress up once you get home?" Ben took a sip of his drink, "I've got a shit ton of conferences with parents, I wouldn't have time to change when I get home." You nodded your head, "Smart."

"Would you like to join us?" Ben's asked. His question brought you aback, "What?" you knitted your brows. "Would you like to join us at dinner?" Ben asked again. "Are you serious? What about Christina? Last time we met she wasn't very fond of me," you slightly twirled in your chair.

"She's...got another family thing, she won't be having dinner with us. Please join, it'll be fun," he slyly smirked your way. You couldn't say no to him and you hated yourself for that, "Ok sure, but I'll need to go home and change." Ben got up from his leaning position, "Great I'll pick you up after I leave campus and we'll go pick up my parents," he winked at you then walked out of your class.

**

You didn't know why you were freaking out so much, but the second you got home you scavenged through your whole closet searching for an appropriate dress. Justin, your boyfriend, wouldn't be home anytime soon, he always went out for a drink with his co-workers.

After taking a shower, and cleaning up the mess you made, you got ready and got something to match Ben's apparel. He texted you the second he left school giving you enough time to finish getting ready. Instead of sending you a text he arrived, he walked to your front door and knocked.

After a few short seconds you opened the door. His jaw nearly dropped and his eyes scanned you from head to toe over and over again. Moments later, his gorgeous eyes landed on your, not so exposed, V-neck dress. "W-wow, you look amazing," his lips began to form a smile. "Thank you," you shyly nipped at your bottom lip as the two walked back to his car.

"You've never taken this dress to school, have you?" Ben questioned once driving on the road. "I don't want horny teenagers staring at my cleavage," you said making the both of you chuckle, "No I haven't, it's actually my first time wearing it." Ben gazed at you since he stopped at a red light, "You've got to be shitting me. You really haven't worn this dress?"

"Really," you confirmed with a giggle. "Well, if I must say, it looks amazing on you. Justin..he's very lucky to have you," Ben hesitated to say the last part. "Yeah, that's why he prefers to get a drink every Friday with his friends," you rolled your eyes and sighed. "He's an idiot, that's what he is," Ben kept his eyes on the road while he continued to drive. He slipped his hand on top of yours, "Justin better know he's got a gorgeous, intelligent, mesmerizing woman by his side."

His comment made you slightly blush. You turned your hand to hold onto his, "You're too sweet Ben." His lips formed a smile. You couldn't bring up Christina, his girlfriend, into the conversation since you arrived at his home where his parents were staying at. "I called after exiting campus, dad still needed to take a shower so we've got time in our hands," he opened your door and helped you out.

The both of you walked into his home and fixed yourselves a glass of whiskey while awaiting for his parents. Wanda heard voices coming from the living room and walked out of her room, "Christina it's so nice to- oh dear you're not Christina." Ben helped you stand up, the both of you walked to her.

"Mum this is [Y/n], my friend and co-worker. [Y/n] this is my mum, Wanda," Ben introduced you for the first time to his mom. Wanda's eyes grew larger in size, she shifted her gaze between you and Ben. She stopped her eye movements and focused on you, "It's a pleasure meeting you, I've heard so many—" Ben frantically coughed making his mom stop speaking. You raised your brows in suspicion but let it slide and instead you giggled to yourself, you stretched your arm out to greet her. "The pleasure is all mine," you replied with a broad smile.

She began to retreat the living room, "I'll go check if Tim is ready." Wanda was gone in a second. You lightly giggled, "What was all that about?" Ben shrugged causing you and him to chuckle.