Dirty Dancing (5)

A/n: Sorry about the lack of update, I'm just super busy and it's been stressful lately, but life seems to be on my side again. Hopefully I'll update most of this week to fulfill last weeks promise. 

***

The three of you ran towards Penny's sleeping quarters. Ben pushed past all the people around her cabin. He went up to Penny and grabbed her by the hand. There was no color to her skin, her body cover in sweat as she shook from the pain she was experiencing. Ben wanted answers. 

Billy told him that the doctor was a fake. Penny went in with a guy that had no idea what he was doing. The "doctor" still worked on her, but with dirty tools. Billy couldn't do anything to stop it. Ben turned back to Penny and began to kiss her hand and apologize. 

You could see her sheets were somewhat covered with blood. The sight frightened you to the bone. Somehow, you felt this was your fault. She only went because you gave her the money. You wanted to fix this. Without saying a word, you pushed past the people and went to your cabin. Instead of entering yours and Lisa's room, you went to wakeup your dad. 

He promptly stood up and followed you. Your dad had no idea where you were leading him, but seeing you in that state, he knew something was wrong. You arrived at Penny's cabin and pushed past the people again with your dad following. "Everyone please get out of the room," your dad raised his voice as he went up to Penny. Ben stepped out and you held onto his arm. 

The room was silent. A few friends were outside waiting for your dad to deliver the news. After long, tedious minutes, he came out. Everyone stood up straight and looked his direction. "Who's responsible for her?" your dad asked. "I am, sir," Ben stepped closer to your dad. You went up with Ben and hugged his arm. 

Jake looked as you did that, he didn't like it one bit. "She's fine now, but she needs to rest," your dad only said that. Ben was beyond relieved, he had a huge smile on his face. "Thank you so much, sir," Ben wanted to shake your dad's hand. Jake only gazed at his hand, but didn't shake it. He grabbed you by the arm and dragged you along with him without saying a word to the rest of the people. You looked back at Ben, but you couldn't say anything. 

After walking a great distance, your dad furiously stopped you midway. "Is that what the money was used for?" his tone fumed with anger. You looked to the ground. "Answer me Baby," he didn't scream, but it wanted a respond. "I'm sorry dad," you looked him in the eyes. You could see the disappointment in his eyes. 

He shook his head, "I don't want you getting involved with that people again." You were going to protest, "But dad–" "Baby, you lied to me. You have never lied to me," your dad cut you off. "Dad, please let me explain," you begged. "Baby, I don't want to hear it," he continued walking again. 

You wanted to tell him what was going on. Knowing your father, you could guess he was already thinking the worst about Ben, Penny and the rest. They weren't bad people, they were great ones. You wanted him to understand that, but he wasn't going to listen to you. 

"Dad, it's really not what you think," you said to him before arriving to the cabin. "Baby, I told you already, I don't want you anywhere near them again. You won't change my mind," he didn't look back, he went straight to his room. You stood in front of your room. You waited a few seconds to quietly go down your porch and run to Ben's sleeping quarters. 

You wanted to speak with him. It was unfair that your father left him just like that because he didn't know the truth. You were quite irritated with your dad's reaction. It didn't take you long to knock on his door. He opened it after a few seconds. 

"Baby," he said a bit surprised. "Can I come in?" you sheepishly asked. Ben slightly smiled as he let you go in. He followed you in after he closed the door. "Sorry about the mess," Ben promptly began to clear the clothes that were on one of chairs in the room. You bit your bottom lip as he fumbled to rapidly clean the room. He was shirtless, barely getting ready to go to bed. There was also music lightly playing in the background.