Dirty Dancing (4)

The first few days were very frustrating. You tried to do everything that Ben told you, but were too clumsy to get everything right. You constantly stepped on his toes, or your knees would accidentally bend when they needed to be straight.

Ben fixed your posture the best he could. He was your teacher and partner. While practicing, Ben wanted you and him to make eye contact. You would be paying attention to your feet, then you would have to look up to his eyes, causing you to mess up the dance move.

Ben huffed a few times and thought that you were a lost case. You bit your bottom lip as you saw how frustrated he could get. You worked better when he intimidated you. Nonetheless, you dealt with all of that to help Penny...or was it to spend time with him.

After two days of practicing, he knew how to control his patience with you. Even though you stepped on his foot every other move, he continued to lead and teach you. Ben taught you were to move, how to stand, what way your feet should move and so many other things. You and him practiced more than 4 hours a day.

By mid week, you were slightly getting better. Ben made you dance by yourself as he watched carefully. Once watching you dance, he joined you. Every time you felt your hand in his, you would slightly forget the moves that were next.

There were sometimes you would get frustrated. There were moves you couldn't remember. Even though you liked the sensations of his hands correcting your posture, you hated it when you were irritated from all the practice. You would stop, but Ben commanded you to try it again.

Everywhere you went, you practiced. As you walked to the cabin, you practiced; as you walked back to your cabin, you practiced. After practice of hours without end, you began to get the hang of the dance moves. You still stepped on Ben, but it wasn't as much. You still made mistakes, but not as many as you used to do. Your body was finally moving the way it was supposed to.

One day while practicing, Ben tried to explain that dancing was similar to the beating of a heart. He imitated a heartbeat and tapped his chest. He encouraged to do the same. Ben saw you weren't doing it like he was, so he placed your hand on his chest and held onto your hand with his own. He mimicked the heartbeat again and tapped his chest with your hand. You unconsciously bit your bottom lip and looked up to his eyes. You felt a little swirl in your stomach.

Ben's attitude towards you began to slowly leave. He was more accepting of the fact you knew, and really thankful that you were helping out Penny. All the time you and him passed together was a contributing part of why he began to loosen up with you.

The deadline was coming up soon. Instead of practicing in your shoes, you wore heals and stockings like Penny did, and practiced like that. While you practiced with Penny like that, Ben sat on the floor and observed as you and Penny worked. You weren't paying any attention to him, but if you were, you would've seen him look at you with tender eyes.

He still would remind you about your spaghetti arms and his and your arm space. You got better at that. The dance moves were getting better and better with each hour you practiced, it was getting to the point where Ben was sliding his hands up and down your hips.

You knew you were getting better when you saw him smile for the first time. You and him were rehearsing one part where you didn't mess up at all. Ben stayed in position with one hand holding yours and the other one on your hips. His smile was mesmerizing to you. "Good, that was good," Ben cleared his throat as he broke eye contact with you and went to stop the track.