The War (3)

"So it's official?" James enquired. "Yes, Y/n and I are dating. Sorry mate," Ben turned to Tom who was at the pub with them. "You two are mad for each other, I'm just glad that you're with her and not some other crazy bloke," Tom patted Ben's back and took a sip from his beer.

The pub turned up the radio, "Britain at war with Germany. It's the third of September of the year 1939 and once again we are at war after a few years."

"For fucks sake," Ben sighed, "Can't the world be at peace?" Everyone toasted to that. "I don't keep up with the news that much because this isn't my country but that Hitler guy is a real pain in the ass," Brendon commented. "You got that right mate," Martin said.

"Join your countries army! God save the king," the radio began to advertise. "Help Britain finish the job! Join the army today."

"God save the king," James took a swig of his beer. The table got silent, while everyone thought of the horrible news.

***

"Did you hear the news?" You sat on Ben's lap. "It's fucking unbelievable. Let's just hope we finish the job in time, before it's an outbreak," he laid his head on your chest. "Tom we've got to move out of the city," you gazed to your brother. "Absolutely not. You're finishing uni, and nothing bad will happen. This Adolf shit is a dictator, his rein will crumble to nothing in a few weeks," Tom assured.

"Baby, there's nothing to fright. We'll all be here for each other, no one is leaving," Ben caressed your hand. You weren't so sure but you agreed with them anyways.

***

"They've just invaded Norway and Denmark," Brendon informed the group of guys. "Fuck," Tom breathed into his hands, "This is getting out of hand." Martin sat with his pint in his hands, "What if Y/n was right? Maybe it's more dangerous than we think." James doubted it.

The bell to the pub door chimed and three ladies walked in; it was you, Amanda and Sarah. Each one examined the room and until their eyes landed at Ben's table; you and the rest walked over. "Hey darling," Ben pulled you on his lap. You weren't so content at the moment, "Hey. Tom, we need to talk."

Tom encouraged for you to talk to everyone at the table. "I don't want mum and dad to be in London. Have you heard the news? I can't risk it, they live in the heart of London, possibly the most dangerous place in the city," you complained to your brother. "Y/n, for the last time, everything will be fine. This problem will end soon. Loads of guys are enlisting themselves and joining the army, the problem will be solved promptly," he argued back.

"Why do you see this as a game? I'm taking a few strides forwards attempting to prevent any fatalities to the people I love, and you're just saying it's all fine? That it'll end soon? How?" You got up from Ben's lap and went to the exit; Amanda and Sarah stayed behind. Ben followed you, "Love, wait."

You stormed out of the pub with tears prickling your eyes. "It's alright darling," he embraced you. "No it's not Ben. Why am I the only one that see's that? Our country, our home is at war again and everyone thinks it's all tidy and nothing to worry about," you shook your head. Ben had no words, he kept you in an embrace, "Do you want a drink?"

"No, I'm not in the mood," you pouted. "But how about yesterday?" Ben quirked his brows. "Oh shut it," you giggled remembering the previous night where you and Ben spent the night at the pub then in your bedroom.

**

"Sarah, Brendon, please. You've got to get out of here," you sat with them in your living room. "Absolutely not. We talked about it, we're staying here with all of you," Brendon fought back. "You don't understand," you complained. "We do and that's why we are staying," Sarah replied.

"Germany just invaded Belgium and the Netherlands, they aren't stopping there," you attempted to reason. "We are staying," Brendon sounded confident. "I've heard news about bombs and Germany's plan to release them hear, please I don't want anyone getting hurt," nobody ever listened to you. Sarah and Brendon shook their head, "We love you all, that's why we are staying."

**

"Are you sure you don't want to pass for a pint?" Ben held you by the hand as he accompanied you home. "No I'm fine. My stomachs been acting weird," you yawned. Ben held you by the hand enjoying the July weather, "Alright let's take you home," he kissed your temple and began walking to your house.

An unexpected arm pulled you in and Ben inside their home. Ben pulled you behind him and got in between you and the guy, "What the fuck man? What do you want?" The guy took a few steps back, "Keep you two safe! They're coming! Go under a table or a bed whatever you like." The guy ran into one of his rooms. You and Ben were about to go out before the floor began to rumble and the sound of an explosion was heard.

"Ben what was that?" You held onto his arm. Another one happened. "Let's go," he took you to a room and got the both of you under a bed. "Ben what's going on?" You began to tear up. "Sh, baby. I-I don't know." Alarms began to blare warning all of London. You were scared of what was happening. After a few hours the alarms stopped and the rumbling ceased. The guy who pulled you in began calling for the both of you.

He saw you and him coming out from under the bed. "What the hell was that?" Ben asked the guy. "The German's and their bombs. I would get you and your lady home before anything happens again," Ben shook the guys hand and hurried you out the door. A wave of smoke devoured you and him.

You vigorously began to cough, "Baby we can make it to your house." He kept your head down low and made you jog back to your place. The door was unlocked when you arrived. You began coughing and and regaining your breathe, hugging the life out of Ben as well. "We're home," he hugged you as you began to cry into his shirt.

"Y/n! Ben!" Tom came out from his room and hugged the both of you. "God I was so worried," he began to tear up as well, "Where were you?" Ben kissed your head and stopped you from talking, "I was bringing her home when this random guy pulled us into his house." Ben continued the story making you cry even more.

"You were right, we need to move; we need to warn mum and dad," Tom said. Your whole group of friends came out from your's and Tom's room. You didn't waste a second to hug them. "It's unbearable outside, we barely made it here. Buildings are ruined and dust is everywhere," Ben informed Tom.

Sarah and Brendon were now hugging you, Amanda brought you and Ben something to drink while Martin and James joined the conversation with Ben and Tom. You weren't in any condition to look for your patterned but you attempted to do anyways; you headed to the front door.

"Where do you think you're going," Tom pulled you back. "To find mum and dad. I don't have a good feeling," you opened the door. Tom pulled you back making you spin quickly, a nauseating feeling overcame you. Amanda saw your reaction and hurriedly leaded you to the bathroom where you rejected your previous meal.

**

"Mum! Dad!" Tom called as he entered his parents flat. The place was dark and alone. "Are you sure they're here?" Ben enquired as he went into a room. "Yes, this is their flat. Mum! Dad!" Tom yelled again.

"I asked their neighbours, they didn't see them yesterday. Tom I don't like this," you informed from the door. "I've got to head to the hospital and help the doctor. I'll send news if I see them when I'm on my way," Amanda held onto her bag and said her goodbyes.

"We'll find them love," Ben held onto you. "Ben.. I have a really bad feeling," you croaked out. "Let's go around London, maybe they're with some friends," he encouraged you. You slowly nodded your head and grabbed onto his hand.

"Tommy!" A faint cry was heard far from your parents flat. "Tommy!" You and Ben heard it again, this time more audible. "Tom!" You called for your brother while running to the person searching for him. "Y/n! Where's your brother? You and him need to come with me," James said out of breath.

Ben caught up to you, "What happened?" Tom jogged to where you were standing. "It's your parents," James began leading everyone the way he came. "Are they okay?" Tom anxiously enquired. James stopped and roughly swallowed, "Your mum is okay, your dad he's.. he's in critical conditions."