Shorty (3)

It was the next day. As usual, nothing excited has happened that day. You walked to get your awful cafeteria food and sat at your usual place. Even the apples tasted weird there, but that didn't stop you from munching on one. Everything was calm while you listened to your music and you ate your food. Then some jocks passed by and almost tipped all your food off the table.

They snickered, didn't apologized and continued to walk towards Roberts and Ben's group of friends. Of course they were, they were the ruthless, "cool" guys. You didn't look up, you just moved your tray back to its place and continued eating. Ben watched what they did.

"You could've at least apologized for almost making her food drop," Ben mentioned to the guys, Noah and William. "Yeah, but it didn't. Fuck, I didn't know Brit's were so sensitive with food," William joked. "Since when has the quarterback cared if we tipped over some randoms food," Noah chimed in. You had no idea they were having that conversation.

"Do you really have to call other people randoms. They're just people, you do know that right?" Ben stood up from his seat. He's never gotten along well with any of his teammates, they were all jerks and assholes. "Woah woah, ok calm down," Downey finally intervened, "what's all this hustle about?"

"Benny, over here, all of a sudden started to care about people who don't even talk to him," Noah informed. "About who?" Robert knitted his brows. William then pointed behind him, and he saw you. "Oh," was his only reaction. "Do you know her?" Emily questioned.

"Yeah, we used to hangout a lot," he shrugged it off as if it were nothing. For some reason, that really bothered Ben. "And what happened?" Emily held onto his hand. Robert looked back to your oblivious state and back to his group, "She found out I'm into girls." The whole table lightly gasped and started to laugh, except for Ben. "So you're saying she's into girls?" Ava spoke up.

"Why does any of this matter to all of you? It's her life," Ben grabbed his backpack. "Woah there, it was just a joke. Calm down," Downey tried to go with his best friend. "No Downey, I thought you were different than all these dumb fucks, but it looks like you're just one of them," Ben whispered to his friend and left.

You took your earbuds out after seeing Ben walk away from his table. You thought you couldn't care less, but you were just a little curious of what was going on.

*

You went through your culinary class as usual, except you noticed some tension with Downey and Ben. You ignored it and continued to do your own thing. When you were all dismissed, you went to the school parking lot. You heard heavy footsteps jogging to you. "Hey, wait," Ben called for you.

You turned around to face him. "Are you going to work today? I can give you a lift if you want," Ben offered. You unlocked your car that was just a few feet away, "I'm good." You turned back again, but Ben went in front of you. "Look, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way yesterday. I don't know you or what ticks you off so I sincerely apologize," he placed a hand of your arm. "Thanks," you didn't sound so happy, but you honestly didn't know how to react. You moved from his touch and walked to your car.

"I'll see you at work," you said before going in. He smiled your way and walked to his car. "I'll see you at work?" you spoke to yourself when you sat on the drivers seat. You assumed you were only trying to avoid an awkward moment so you said that.

You went straight to work. That's because you always left early, so you arrived 2 hours before the afternoon shift began. Maritza and Lindsay greeted you as always. After two hours, Ben arrived. He was so nice to everyone and greeted them with a hug or a handshake.

"Ayúdalo otra vez," Maritza spoke up from the register to the back counter. You couldn't deny her request so you did as you were told, to help him out again. There was nobody in the back, only the dishwasher. "Alright go check what needs to be prepped," you told Ben. He went to check the walk in fridge and the front to see if the cooks needed anything. You and him had a lot to do. You had to show him how to do the guacamole and the fajita mix. As well as cutting and prepping beef and chicken.