Shorty (6)

"You're not paying for my college tuition, please stop talking about this," you irritatedly took the plate from Ben and took it to a table. "I'm just saying. Money doesn't have to be the thing that stops you from going to NYU," Ben held onto your hand. "Well it is, now please stop talking about it," you slipped your hand away from his and walked to the back.

Ben took off his black apron and walked to the back with you. He didn't see you there, but one of his coworkers pointed to the door leading outside. Ben thanked him and walked through the back door. He walked through a hallway until he stepped outside where it was snowing. He saw you sitting in the snow, with your huge coat covering you. "I'm sorry babe," Ben walked over, rubbing his arms. "Go back inside," you slightly whimpered and wiped away your tears.

"Not until you go back inside," Ben swayed from one foot to the other, attempting not to freeze his ass off. You sighed making a huge cloud come out of your mouth, carefully you got up and went back inside. Ben thankfully followed you. He grabbed onto your hand when you took off your coat, "I'm really sorry, I'll stop talking about it." You only nodded your head without looking him in the eye.

You slipped away again and went back to the front. It was very slow that day, so you and Lindsay sat down at one of the tables. Ben walked from the grill to the back of the restaurant every once in a while. He caught small glimpses of your head rested on Lindsay's head. You lowered your head a little and whispered something to her ear.

Ben could slightly see she quirked her eyebrows and her facials expression went from confused to infuriated. "Benedict, I'm going to kill you," Lindsay immediately stood up and pointed a finger at Ben. He raised his hands as if he surrendered, "I promise
I'll stop talking about it." You grabbed onto her hand and brought her back down, and whispered to her that it was okay. "No it's not," she gritted through her teeth. Ben went to the back again. "Just don't talk about it," you lowly pleaded her. She brought you into an embrace, "It's going to be okay. You have me." Ben heard Lindsay's last words as he took some things to the front.

By the end of your shift, you began to collect your things. Ben and Maritza were in the back. "Hey boss, I'm going to need a week off in two weeks," he started out. "Why," Maritza quirked her brows. "I'm going to the UCLA orientation," Ben proceeded to say. "I thought that was the second week of January," she checked something off a paper. "Well, we're only a few days away from the new year," Ben pointed to a calendar. "Shit, time has blown by so fast. Of course mijo, that week is yours," she smiled and went inside the walk in fridge.

You slightly smiled as he turned around. He walked up to you and extended his hands out for a hug. You walked to him and embraced him. "Are we ok?" he lowly questioned. There was a long pause, but you eventually nodded your head against his chest. "Good," he raised your head up and kissed your lips.

With that, you clocked out, collected your things and went home.

**

"Downey and Ben went to California, they both got into UCLA," you informed Maritza. "Why don't you let him pay for your tuition?" Maritza curiously asked. "I don't think his parents would like to help pay off his tuition and the child support," Lindsay decided to chime in and walked away. Your breath got stuck in your throat. Maritza's eyes widened. "You're..?" she pointed down to your stomach. You only nodded your head, a frown appearing on your lips. "Does he know?" she immediately questioned.

"He can't, he'll leave everything. I can't let him do that. He has a passion for football, and if I told him I'm expecting a baby...it would be like I ripped his dreams away," you grabbed onto your stomach. "How long are you?" she kept asking questions. "I'm 2 months," you heavily gulped. Lindsay decided to join the little chatter group. "You're going to start showing soon," she pointed out.