New Man (2)

All of time stopped. You could see the gears turning in Ben's head trying to process the information given to him. "I've got to go. He's probably waiting for me," you checked the time and began getting up.

The waitress was barely setting down the fruits, you left enough money to pay for the drinks and the snack. "I'll pay," he reached out his hand to pass you back your money, but you swiftly gave it to the waitress.

"I have a job now, I can pay for my own things," you chuckled as you exited the cafe. Ben was still appalled.

You were barely outside when you bumped into another familiar face, Tom Hiddleston. He invited you in for another drink but you kindly declined his offer. He understood and proceeded to go in.

Ben waved at his buddy to accompany him at his table. He proceeded to walk his way. "Hey," Ben stood up and greeted his friend. "Hey. I see you're going the healthy route," Tom pointed to the fruits.

Ben quietly laughed, "No, not yet at least. I was having a quick chat with Y/n." Tom ate a strawberry piece, "mm, that's why I ran into her."

"She seems different, I can't figure what it is," Ben brushed his hair with a hand. "I guess it's her job," Tom commented breaking Ben's train of thoughts.

"What job does she have? She must be doing an amazing job since they gave her weeks of vacation," Ben now picked at the fruit. "Her job doesn't require her to be physically there, that's why she gets to travel a lot. She's a business manager," Tom explained.

"How? She never completed her last year of business school," Ben's knowledge of you began to twist and turn with the new information he was receiving. Tom fiddled with his fingers, "She didn't tell you..," it came out more of an observation than a question.

"She applied to her school again after she left. She finished her last year there and came out at the top of her class. A wealthy company offered her a job and she took it," Tom let Ben sink in with the information.

"She left because she wanted to continue her studies? Why didn't she just tell me? We could've still been together," Ben sighed into his hands. "I'm sorry mate," Tom patted his buddy's shoulder.

Ben stood up, "I've got to do a few things. Everything is paid for." He grabbed his coat and headed to his flat. Ben got there after a few minutes and sat on his couch. His phone was downloading the app Instagram. It was asking for him to enter a username but apparently other people had already acquired them.

For the meantime he got a disguised one. He entered all the needed information and was able to finally enter the home page. He wasn't an expert at it but he remembers how you used to work the app. With his finger he tapped on the magnifying glass and searched your name. You were the first one to pop up.

He read the amount of followers you had, he continued to scroll down and found your recent pictures. One was with the sunset touched the clouds, you were on a plane. The caption read Bye bye Brazil. He continues to snoop around.

He scrolled down again and found a picture of a man holding onto your waist as you mimicked Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro. Another scroll and he found a clear picture of the man smiling into the camera as the both of you seemed to await your lunch.

 Another scroll and he found a clear picture of the man smiling into the camera as the both of you seemed to await your lunch