Letters Live (1)

"All these arguments are childish, you do realise that?" You scoffed while proceeding to grab your purse. Benedict Cumberbatch, your boyfriend, opted to ignore your comment. "I get it that you're a very busy man right now, but just a single fucking second of your time will do," you turned back to him.

He gazed up from his script and had a menacing spark in his eyes. You shook your head and exited the flat you and him shared. Your light cardigan securely provided you a comfortable temperature for the May London weather. You put on your sunglasses in a hurry to block the sun from your eyes.

Lately, Ben has been a total prick. You get it, he's busy, but that doesn't give him the right to displace his overwhelmed anxiety on you. The first few times it was okay, but then it became a habit. You had the last straw a few minutes ago.

Reporters and paparazzi began to bombard you, "Y/n! Y/n! Where's Benedict?" You lowered your gaze and picked up your pace. "Did you and him get into another argument?" One asked from the crowd. You stopped in your tracks and turned to the men following you, "If we did, what's in it for any of the public to know?"

They could tell by the fury in your tone and tears prickling your eyes that you weren't okay. You continued to walk and they didn't follow. Before leaving your flat you texted your friend about the argument; she was already expecting you at her home.

She opened the door to her house and examined the surroundings, "Did they follow?" You shook your head as you entered, "At first they did, then they left me alone." All the anger simmering in your blood had now turned into a weak, somber tone.

She closed the door behind you and embraced you in a hug, "Please don't be sad, I can't stand seeing you like this." You let your feelings go, "I don't know what to do anymore. At first I could stand it but not anymore. Does that mean I'm a bad girlfriend?"

She departed from the hug and looked you in the eyes, "Of course it doesn't. He's being an arse, that's what going on. I know what'll make you feel better; there's a small tub of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer."

You left your purse on the couch and walked to her kitchen. Your best friend got ahold of your phone and phoned him. It rang a few times before he answered. "What?" He had a monotone.

"You fucking bastard. Just be glad it's me calling because if it were Y/n she'd be devastated by the way you answered. You don't deserve her, she's been the best god damn girlfriend to you and you've been treating her like shit," she roughly whispered.

He didn't say anything. "Are you ignoring me or are you finally thinking with the incompetent brain of yours?" You were still in the kitchen, your mind was thinking at the speed of light.

You grabbed the ice cream and two spoons and walked back to the living room. "I want to take a break with him but I don't know how to tell him," you said loud enough that Ben heard. Your best friend gazed at you and covered the phone.

"Was that Y/n. No, no, no, we can't take a break," Ben finally spoke. "Do you have him on the line?" You gently whispered to your friend. She nodded her head and attempted to pass you your phone.

You seated yourself on he couch, "I don't want to talk to him." Ben frantically spoke, "Y/n I'm sorry. Please, we need to talk about this." Your friend walked to the kitchen, "You heard her yourself Benedict."

"This is ridiculous, she can't make that decision on her own," he sounded worried. "Actually she can. After the way you've been treating her she has all the right to do so," your friend defended you.

She could hear Ben slump down on a couch, "Christ, I've been an arse. I was blinded with all my work. Please, let me speak with her." You entered the kitchen to tell your friend something and saw she was still on the phone with Ben.

"He wants to talk to you," she said. "Maybe he should've done that when I was leaving the flat," you continued to walk to the fridge, "Actually, he should've done it the countless times we argued."

"Y/n, please love. I'm so sorry," Ben spoke, but you couldn't hear. "I don't know how or why I always went back," you said barely audible.

You grabbed the chocolate she had and made your way back to the living room. "Is she serious about the break?" Ben believed you were bluffing. "Very," your friend responded.

**

You really were serious. Ben expected you to arrive around midnight at the flat but you never went back. The very next day he called but you ignored the calls and messages he left.

"So what do I need to get?" Your friend asked you. "Just a pair of clothes and the summer dress in the walk in closet. It's next to his suit, they'll both be at the right once you've entered," you informed her.

She was doing you an enormous favour of getting you your clothes from your flat. She called a cabbie and directed him to the flat you shared with Ben.

You gave her your key so she entered without any trouble. Walking in, she knew that Ben was already a mess. Dirty laundry was scattered over the living room, along with stacks of paper.

Ben heard the door open. "Y/n?" His hurried, hoarse voice called as he stumbled from his bedroom to the living room. "Nope," your friend said as she closed the door behind her.

"Ben, you have a mess here," she commented as she examined the room. Ben sighed and slid down a wall, "I'm a mess." She stepped over a few things and made her way to the walk in closet.

"Where's Y/n?" Ben enquired. "Where else would she be? You obviously didn't pay attention to her," she said as she got to the room.

Ben rapidly stood up with your comment and followed you. "Wh-what do you mean?" She sighed and turned around to face him, "Y/n has a ton of guy friends, you know that, but you must remember that one Matthew friend."

His heartbeat quickened when Matthew's name was mentioned. "He actually took the time to go to my house and go see how Y/n was doing," she grabbed a small suitcase and began packing a few things.

"No! Stop, what are you doing?" He tried to stop her from packing your things but tripped over his feet. "Jesus Benedict, you're drunk," she helped him get up and settled him on the bed.

He began to slightly whimper. "Y/n isn't coming back to the flat, at least not this week," your friend informed Ben. "But she's been gone the whole entire week. She has to come back now," Ben sobbed into his hands.

"Exactly, she was gone a whole week and you didn't bother to go and talk with her, unlike Matthew," she continued to pack. "Because I was busy! How the hell did Matthew know Y/n and I argued?" Ben was getting aggravated.

"Paparazzi always follow you and Y/n around, they know when you two get into arguments. Matthew is a nice guy–" "–that has been trying to steal my girlfriend from me for the longest time," Ben interrupted her.

"Yeah and he is succeeding since he's not a fucking arse like you. He actually pays attention to her," she grabbed your dress and suitcase and made her way out of the room. "Wait–" he fell off the bed while trying to catch up to her.

She hurried and left before he could stop her.