Business Trip (4)

"Shit," Ben was out of breath again. Your chest heaved once again while you got off Ben. "That was...bloody amazing. You are so perfect [Y/n]," Ben began to kiss your lips. "Let's wait a few minutes," you giggled while caressing his cheekbone. Ben rested his sweaty head on the cave of your neck.

In the meantime, you played with his curls and thought about a million things at the same time. You didn't want to say anything out loud but Ben could feel your body tense up. "Darling, is everything all right?" he lifted himself up on his forearm.

"I don't know. I never thought I was going to be the person to cheat on my partner," you sat up from your laying position. "For Christ sake, I met you two days ago, and we're farther than Jason and I have ever gotten," you bit your bottom lip and shifted your gaze towards Ben.

He had lifted himself up in his forearm with his hand over your hip. You leaned in to share a passionate kiss with him. "I know this isn't right, but it feels so good. All I want right now is you against me, doing sinful and lustful things together. It's a craving that you've made me realize I have," there was a hint of guilt in your tone. Your thumb gently wiped his bottom lip.

"Jason didn't even come to my mind until now," tears began to prickle your eyes. "I knew I wasn't going to last with him but I wasn't sure when it would finally end. Being with you just made me realize so many things. You're opening so many doors to so many possibilities but I'm terrified that the only reason I'm having these thoughts is because of the adrenaline I have right now," you wiped away a stray tear.

Ben promptly sat up with you and embraced you in a hug, "It's ok darling. To be completely honest, I feel the adrenaline too, but to be sincere, I followed my feelings. Those feelings led me and you to this same bed. This seems absolutely batshit crazy, but I don't think I ended up here because of my lustful needs."

"Ben, I...I don't think I can tell you the same. I met you two days ago," you went silent for a moment. His arms securely hugged you, making you feel comfort. This is exactly what you needed, you missed this contact with another human being. Not only was Jason neglecting you sex, but he was failing to show you comfort.

"I'm sorry, I really am. That doesn't mean I want to stop kissing your lips or feeling your body against mine," you shifted your gaze up to make eye contact. "I can't be with Jason, not after we've had sex for the third time. This also doesn't mean I'm staying with you either," you caressed his cheek. Ben slightly knitted his brows together.

"Ben, put yourself in my shoes right now. I'm a person that needed love and attention. I dated someone for almost 3 years and they gave me none of that. All of a sudden, the most amazing, talented, gorgeous person you could have possibly met is flirting with you out of nowhere. The adrenaline is fogging up my true feelings. Sure, we had sex, but to me it feels more like a one night stand," you wanted to be sincere.

Ben was now thinking to himself, he still held you in a hug. "You met me two days ago, I want to believe there's something here but I can't help but think this is just one of your many adventures. I can't say I love you, but I'll sure damn miss you when I don't get to feel you beside me anymore. You're the first person I've slept in the last 3 years. You're the person that's given me more affection than my own boyfriend. I'm going to miss you," you were scared to look him in the eyes, instead you rested your head on his chest.

"You're so damn brave," Ben said after a few silent moments. "Many women would instantly lie or do anything not to feel alone. You, on the contrary, are smart. I'll be honest, it stung a bit when you said this felt more like a one night stand because I don't see it that way. I'm not the typical guy that sleeps with taken women, this is a huge risk for me. I did it because you are mesmerizing and I wanted to learn more about you. Jason is an obstacle in my way, if I saw you happy with him I would've left you alone, but that's not what I saw the first time I went up to you," Ben kissed the top of your head.

"Tonight you'll most likely start experiencing a breakup. Even though I've only known you for two days, I know you'll feel guilty the second you see Jason. Knowing myself, I would do the best I could to persuade you to stay with me, but you made me see your point. You're as confused as I am and I get you. I don't know what the future holds up for us. Hell, I don't even know if I'll see you tomorrow. In the end, if you choose to leave tomorrow, just make sure to come say bye. Know that I'll be there when you need someone," Ben rose your head up. He wiped away the tears and gently kissed your lips.

"Don't worry my darling, everything will turn out to be okay," he rested his forehead on yours.

****

"What the hell," Ben huffed as he sat on this bed trying to call your phone over and over again. It always led him to your voicemail. He opted to find you instead, horrible thoughts came to his mind.

After yesterday, you and him went to dinner. Things got a bit tense afterwards, but Ben made sure to relieve you of that stress by kissing you down your neck. You didn't need to tell Jason about your affair, he saw it with his own eyes. Jason saw the way you hugged Ben and laced your fingers with another man. He saw the way Ben kissed the skin of your neck as well as your lips.

There was a scene after everything unravelled. You assured Ben that everything would be alright if you left alone with Jason to your shared bungalow. Ben hasn't seen or heard from you since then. Ben was heading out his door but a piece of paper under his door caught his gaze. He picked it up and saw it was a note.

Bye Ben. Sorry I couldn't say this to you in person, but I needed to urgently leave. Don't worry, Jason didn't do anything to me, I just felt that if I went to see you one last time I wouldn't have liked to leave. I left early to collect my things from my apartment in New York, I'm thinking about taking a break for myself. I was thinking of moving to the west coast, but for some reason I feel like taking my break in London. Once I move in and have settled down maybe we could go out for a drink. I know what I said yesterday wasn't necessarily the nicest thing but you did make me realize I wasn't happy with Jason. Thank you for this revealing trip, stay safe.

~ from [Y/n]

Ben sighed as he sat back down on his bed. God, was he already anticipating your call.