Love Potion (2)

"I'm sorry Ben," Karon finished explaining that you couldn't secretly go to his house anymore. "Karon, it's my fault. I'm the one that's texting her and—" "I know," she interrupted him again, "That's why it needs to stop." Ben disappointingly looked to the ground.

"Ben it's my job to make you famous, for people to recognise your name. It's harder to do it when you have a girlfriend that nobody knows. You're on a path to success, my daughter would only be a speed bump. As much as I hate saying that, it's true," Karon solemnly said. Ben just nodded his head, "Thank you Karon."

She got her purse and headed out his door, "Are you sure we're clear on this?" Ben turned to her, "Yes. I need to stop secretly texting her or inviting her to my home."

***

You never knew your mum talked with Ben as well. She wasn't kidding about separating the two. Although you weren't allowed to be with Ben in a friendly relationship, your mum still let you shadow the days she went to his house.

Ben became more serious around you. All the lovely conversations you had with him disappeared. Ben only greeted you and that's about as much as a conversation you had with him.

You couldn't stop thinking about what your mum told you. Ben was an extremely nice guy, you were utterly unaware you were falling for him. Seeing his gorgeous face after a long time made you realise that you really liked him.

You tried talking to him a few times, but Ben always replied with a short and cut answer. It made you believe he didn't want to talk with you anymore. All his midnight texting disappeared the week your mum told you to stop secretly going with Ben.

It was your fault as well. You would never forgive yourself if your mum lost her job because of you. Your possibilities of ever being with Ben soon diminished to nothing.

Not a month later, Ben decided to start dating. You didn't know who the person was, all you knew was that she was a model. It hurt when you went to his house and planned his vacation with his girlfriend.

You fell more and more for him as time passed. It was painful to see him breakup with a person and go straight to another one. You wanted to start too but you didn't want anyone other than Ben. It was always tense when Karon, him and you were in the same room but it seemed he lost the tension once Karon left you and him alone.

You promised your mum you would stay away from Ben, but deep down you knew you couldn't. Your only chance would be to enchant him. You felt he was too concentrated on his career and other women. To you, there was no other choice.

The world was filled with myths and tales about creatures in dark lakes or spirits roaming late at night. You weren't looking for any dark magic, you just wanted something simple and without a price. Through connections and searching in the right places, you found a simple lady. Good things were said about her and she seemed fairly nice.

Without thinking about it too much, you went to her store. It wasn't out in the public, but it wasn't hidden either. The store was a little hut placed around other mysterious huts. You walked into the place and saw the place filled with different coloured liquids and a unique aroma in the air. 

A lady, who seemed to be entering her 60's, walked out from the back of the hut, "May I help you?" You fiddled with your fingers, now that you actually thought about it, being there was ridiculous. You couldn't form any sentences and instead cleared your throat.

"Who's the guy?" the lady asked turning around. You slightly widened your eyes, "H-how did you know?" She faced you with her quirked brows, "You do know where you are, right?" You only nodded your head. "Then why are you surprised I already know why you came here?" She shifted her gaze back to the shelf she was walking to. The lady began seeking for a few liquids, neither of you spoke a word.

"You know, not many people come here anymore," she began a conversation. You gazed around the dim room, "I guess they come in time of crisis."

"Or desperate reasons," the lady mumbled to herself. "Sorry I didn't catch that," you said looking at an item. "Oh nothing," she responded. A shiver traveled down your spine, the place was giving you chills. You heard glass clinking then the lady walking to a counter.

"So a love potion right?" she asked fiddling with tube that had pink coloured liquid. You nodded your head. "How much are you willing to pay?" the lady solemnly asked. You nipped at your bottom lip. You had recently graduated from your university and the closest thing you had as a job was shadowing your mum. The lady knew she couldn't expect much from you once she saw your expression.

"Do you know how much clean magic costs compared to dark magic?" she enquired. You shook your head, you really didn't know anything about magic. "Ok, I'll be back," the lady left you as she went to the back of her store.

A few minutes later she returned with a tube containing clear liquid, "This is a love potion." You quirked your eyebrows, "What about the pink one?" She cleared her throat, "That's, uh, another potion for someone else."

You shifted you gaze from each tube, you weren't the expert so you trusted the lady. "All you need to do is pour it in their drink and be the only one he sees while he's drinking it. The results may not be immediate, you'll need to have patience. His attention must be on you. It is perfectly safe," she handed you the clear tube.

You twirled it in your fingers and gazed at her then the tube. Now the question was if you really wanted to do it. You silently debated until you passed your only money to the lady. She slightly bowed her head and disappeared to the back of her hut.