Teen Years

*Benedict and you go to the same high school. Ben's been meaning to ask you out but he's too shy.*

"Ok class, tonight's homework is to read Act II of The Crucible. You will be having a test on it tomorrow, so read it." Your English teacher said his last sentence in a menacing voice. The class room went quite, each one of the student thinking if your English teacher was just bluffing about the test.

"Ok, the remaining 10 minutes of class are yours." He sat down at his desk and typed away on his computer. In a matter of seconds, the classroom was filled with chattering 17 year olds. The classroom desks were all positioned in a campfire style. There was a low, square table in the middle of the classroom and the students desk were surrounding the table spread throughout the classroom.

You luckily sat beside your best friend. "Hey BFF/N, what did Mr. Dicus say we had for homework again?" You asked her. She looked at you confused, "Um, we have to read act II of The Crucible." You noted down your homework in you little planner. "Y/N you've seemed to be a little distracted lately, are you okay? Is there something going on?"

You fiddled with you pen in hand. Your best friend sarcastically gasped, "Is there something you've been hiding from me? Are you cheating on me?" Jokingly, she put on a shocked face. You couldn't help but giggle.

"I might be," you gave her a smirk. The both of you laughed. Once the laughter decreased your best friend spoke again, "No but seriously, is everything fine?" You directed your gaze across the room leading your best friend to get a hint of why you've been distracted lately.

She did a very audible gasp and quickly covered her mouth with her hands. "Shhh! Quiet down a bit." You panicked a little. "Sorry, sorry. Omg you have a crush on Benedict Cumberbatch," she did a whisper scream.

"I...I don't know if it's a crush yet," your comment made your best friends expression to become quite somber. "I mean, I only get a really bad case of butterflies in my stomach whenever we pass by each other," you think for a moment. "And I feel my cheeks go crimson red when he looks at me. Especially when he gives me one of his brilliant smiles. Or-or when he talks, wow...puberty was on his side. His voice is deep only at 17 years old, I can't imagine how it's going to be when he gets older." You can't stop smiling at that thought.

Your best friend scoffed, "Mhm sure, you obviously don't have a crush on him," she snickered. You only sat there thinking.

All the way across the room was Benedict Cumberbatch and one of his best friends, Tom Hiddleston. "Haven't built up the courage yet I see," Tom grabbed Ben's attention. "Erm, what'd you say?" Ben sincerely asked, since he was distracted looking at you.

Tom lightly laughed and patted Ben's back, "Mate, you've got to go ask her out already or at least go say something to her. If you don't go say anything to her somebody will, like Fassbender." Ben did a double take when he heard Michael Fassbender was planning to make a move on you.

"Fassbender likes Y/N? No no no, this can't be...I just told him a week ago about how I felt about her," Ben seemed to panic at the thought Fassbender making a move on you and you gladly accepting his attention.

"You've got to go talk to her now, it won't be that hard...I think." At the moment Tom was not being very motivational. Ben was too shy to go up to you and ask you out. For God's sake, he can barely talk to you, how will he ever find the courage and strength to ask you to be his girlfriend.

"I-I-I I can't, I can't talk to her. I am to much of a nervous wreck. What if I do ask her out and she rejects me? What if she doesn't like me back? What if she like's Fassbender and not me? He has a better body than I do, he can get any girl he likes." Ben's palms started to feel moist from the sweat building up.

"Stop thinking about the what ifs and just do. Just go up to her and be the Ben everybody knows and ask her for a chance to know each other. I know you can do it." Tom was beginning to become a slight more motivational.

Ben's mind was turning gears, trying to figure out a way on how to ask you out without seeming like a nervous wreck. He jumped a little from his seat when he thought of something. He quickly got a piece of notebook paper and ripped a piece off of it and jotted something down.

"Bloody hell mate, you can't ask her out with a piece of paper. You've got to actually interact with her and ask her out yourself not a bloody paper with words written all over it." Tom wasn't thinking the same thing Ben was thinking.

"I'll be right back," Ben got up from his seat and Tom tried to grab him, trying to prevent what he thought Ben was going to do.

While talking with your best friend you noticed Ben getting up from his seat and walking your direction. There was an empty seat next to you that was placed right next to the teachers desk so if any student ever wanted to talk with the teacher they would always sit there. You made yourself think that Ben was only coming your way so he could speak to the teacher. And you were right, he did sit in the empty desk to ask a question about the homework.

After he asked the question he kept sitting there, he took out his phone and looked at it for a bit, his leg never stopped bouncing. You had turned around to distract yourself from him, but you couldn't stop this feeling you felt inside. This is the closest you've gotten to him and could get a glimpse of his cologne. It made your knee's buckle, thank the lord you were sitting down.

After a minute or two passed, he built up some courage and spoke, "Hey Y/N?" You turned around to meet his gorgeous face, "hey," you smiled back at him. No more words were said. He placed a piece of folded paper on your desk and gave you a dazzling smile, he got up and walked to his desk.

You timidly opened the fragile fragment of paper and read to yourself:

You look gorgeous today

It only took those four words to make you smile. No guy has ever said..well given you something that said these kinds of words. All you could see was your imperfections when you stood in front of a mirror, you thought that you weren't as pretty as the other girls, but Ben saw the complete opposite.

The bell rang breaking you from your trance. You looked up and saw Ben smiling at you, you smiled back and mouthed him a thank you and slightly blushed. You gathered your things and went to your next period class with your best friend, both of you freaking out about the cute note Benedict had given you.

Ben and Tom were one of the last one's out. "You didn't ask her out did you," Tom asked as he noticed Ben surprisingly cheery. "Nope," Ben popped the P and walked slowly to his next class. "Then what did the note say?" Tom was immensely curious. "Just what every girl deserves to know, that their beautiful." Tom was still confused why Ben was awfully perky, "Hm, but if you didn't ask her out then why are you so ecstatic?"

Ben stopped walking, he turned to Tom and with his brilliant smile responded, "Because of the way her beautiful smile reacted when she read my note."