Dirty Dancing (3)

Y'all should stop slacking with rose_holland story. It's amazing and please show some support and vote. I've read and helped with some ideas and it's amazing. Also, Ben is a major character in the book, so y'all know it's good when it has Holland and Cumberbatch.
**

The following day, you tried to forget what the actual hell happened last night. His presence, his moves, everything about him made you dizzy. He was just so dazzling and charming. You've barely had a conversation with him, but you already knew he was a charmer.

Your thoughts rapidly ran in your mind as you sat underneath a huge tent near the lake. A bunch of ladies were lined up; they were all testing on wigs. You sat next to Lisa, carefully trying on a wig for fun. You looked yourself in the mirror and brushed the fake hair.

Behind everyone, a deep, baritone spoke up, "Ladies, you look very lovely." You promptly took off your wig the second you heard is voice. Penny, his dance partner, was at the edge of the table. They had a silent, short conversation before he left. You kept your gaze towards them.

Penny did not seem like she was in any good mood, but you still decided to approach her. At first, you complimented her dancing, but your approach only seemed to worsen her bitter mood. You tried what you could and mentioned you envied her. Her only reaction was a scoff. She didn't know why someone like you could envy someone like her. Instead of thanking you, she gave you a harsh comment and proceeded to go elsewhere.

***

That following night, you decided to stick close to your parents. The things you experienced with Ben the previous night and the harsh mood from Penny made you want to take a small break from trying to get along with them. It was almost impossible since Ben had to be dancing at the event your parents went to.

It was an event near the lake, under the pavilion. You were under your fathers arm as you watched Ben smoothly dance with an older lady. She seemed to be very close and touchy with him, you tired to ignore that part. He kept on a cool and professional state.

Your view from his was slightly blocked as Neil went up to him. You could barely make out their conversation. "Where's Penny, everybody has been asking for her?" Neil put his hands on his hips, waiting for a response.

Ben stopped dancing with the lady and turned to Neil, "What do you mean where's Penny? She's taking a break. She needs a break," Ben rose his voice in that last sentence, he was getting defensive.

"As long it's not an all night break," Neil had the last word and walked over to you. Your father lifted up his arm from your shoulders. You knew what was coming next. "Come on doll, lets take a walk," he put his arm over your shoulders. You wanted to retreat from him, but you didn't once you saw your dad smile.

He takes you somewhere far from the pavilion. If Neil isn't talking about himself, then there's just silence between you two. It was awkward and uncomfortable for you. From time to time, he would comment about your fluffy, short, curly hair and say something nice about you, but you preferred to be anywhere else rather than being with him.

After sometime, you came up with an excuse to leave, "I think my parents are looking for me." You began to step away from him, but he got ahold of your arm, "Baby relax, if they think you're with me, then they'll be the happiest parents here." You shouldn't have tired that, now he's bragging about himself and how he's better than the rest.

You secretly rolled your eyes and looked to the nearby woods. Some rustling and footsteps were heard. Lisa and Robby were seen exiting together. They were arguing about something, but you weren't sure why. It was also obvious that they were hiding from the rest of the people to have some "alone time."