Salt (8)

"Did she kick you out?" Ben questioned through the phone. "No, I don't want to talk about that anymore," you walked on the sidewalk. "Ok, I'm almost where you are," Ben announced. On the street, you heard a roaring engine. You hung up the phone and rolled your eyes. He owned a Mercedes and he was really trying to show it off.

He wiggled his brows as he stopped right next to you. "Hop in," he smiled, which made you smile. You opened the door to his car and got in. He was stopping traffic, so he stepped on it once you were in. "Wow, I didn't know you were this rich," you kiddingly said. "Oh baby, you should see my condo," he grabbed onto your hand as he sped down the road.

You lost your tension as Ben connected his phone to his Bluetooth. He went to one of his favorite playlists and began playing music. He passed you his phone and you read the secret playlist that only had a heart emoji as a name. It was all your favorite songs. "You kept my playlist?" you questioned. "Yeah, I usually listen to it when I'm missing you more than ever."

You gently squeezed his hand and sang along to one of your many favorite songs. He wasn't kidding when he mentioned his condo. He drove a few minutes on the road and drifted off to some unknown streets a few minutes later. You were now driving in the rich neighborhoods. Ben slowly made his way to a huge complex building. Instead of parking himself, he went over to the valet.

He got out and helped you get out. "Mr. Cumberbatch," the teenager at the valet greeted Ben. He first opened the door for you and helped you get out, then he turned to the teenager. "Rory, for the millionth time, please call me Ben," he handed his car keys to Rory. "Sorry, Ben," Rory timidly apologized. Ben put his hand around your waist and kissed your cheek.

"Don't worry about it," he gave him a tip and began to walk to the entrance. "Uhm, Ben," Rory called out before you and him walked farther away. "Mia came by a few minutes ago," he tried to say loud enough and emphasized her name. You knew he was trying to tell you and Ben something. "And what happened?" Ben knit his brows.

"She couldn't enter," Rory finished. "Great, thank you, Rory," Ben smiled and turned you and him around again. He slid a card against the lock and the door opened. "What did you do?" you looked his direction once you were out of sight from Rory. "I might have...blocked Mia's key from opening my condo door. So that automatically doesn't allow her to step inside the building in general," he shyly said.

"Why would you do that?" you questioned him. "One, because I was going to do it soon. Two, she purposefully doesn't take her phone when she's on vacation so she doesn't have to talk to me. And last but surely not least, you. I don't want to be with her, because I want to be with you. I've wanted to bring you here a few weeks ago, but I knew you wouldn't step a foot in this condo if you knew Mia still lived here," he had turned around and held your hand.

You wanted to say three words to him, but there were stuck in your mouth. You opened your mouth, only to close it again and slightly chuckle. "I can't believe you actually did that," you light-heartedly commented. "Maybe she would've gotten a heads up if she had her phone with her," Ben kiddingly rolled his eyes and continued to lead you to his condo.

He took you up a few floors and lead the way through a few halls. He stopped in front of a door and turned to you, "Welcome to my home." Ben opened the door for you to reveal a beautiful entrance. It was luxurious and modern, and that was only the hallway entrance. He gestured for you to go in first. You did as your eyes wandered his place in awe.

"Do you like it?" he nervously questioned. "Ben, this place is...amazing," you skimmed your fingers over the little detail on the wall. As you went to the other side of the hallway, you saw a huge open space. To your right was a glass window wall, that had the view of the city below. To your left was the kitchen with its white marble kitchen island. In the middle was a living room, facing the view.