The War (15)

"Y/n! Open the door! Please, lets spend another night together. I know you love me!" The muffled cries of Kit were heard around one in the morning. You never heard him since you were comfortably sleeping in Ben's arms.

Ben woke up due to him screaming near your window. He sighed and gently got out of Bed, he didn't want to wake you up but you did. "What's going on?" You sleepily mumbled. "Kit's outside, if he doesn't shut up soon then he'll be visiting the hospital again," Ben formed his hand into a fist.

You giggled to yourself, Ben curiously looked to you. "What?" He enquired. "He doesn't know you're here. I bet he'll be frightened to see you," you kissed Ben's cheek. "Turn on your light once I'm out of the room and peek through your curtains," he commanded as he stepped out of your room.

You did as he said and saw Kit excitedly smile when he saw you again. He pointed to your front door signaling for you to open it for him. You exited your room and went with Ben. He held your hand and slowly took you downstairs. Ben and you heard Kit whispering to you at the door, "I know you couldn't stay away from me love."

Ben rolled his eyes and told you to stand behind him. "Come on love, open the door," Kit lightly knocked on it. The locks turned, Kit opened the door. "Ben," Kit's voice shook and he stepped backwards. "Go or you'll be in the hospital again," Ben warned. Kit shook his head, "I came to be with Y/n."

Ben sarcastically chuckled once and stepped closer to Kit. He was double the size of Kit, "Do you really want to try?" Kit was taking his chances and decided to run to you. Ben was faster and caught him by the hem of his shirt; he pulled him back and punched Kit square in the face. Kit stumbled off the stairs falling on his back.

"Try that again and you won't ever wake up again," Ben threateningly spoke with his baritone voice. Kit immediately stood up and ran the opposite way.

**

The Christmas holidays were just around the corner but no one in your home celebrated. They kept up with the current war news and came across a dangerous battle. Germany was fighting back attempting to separate the American and British forces. No one heard more news until the end that occurred in January.

"The nazi's ran out of fuel, literally and figuratively!" Ben announced the moment he entered his home. "What?" Brendon asked excitedly. "We're gaining on them while the Sobiets are approaching the other side!" Ben gave you a chaste kiss.

There was a celebration during that night. After sleeping hours, Ben laid nude next to you; he was coming down from his climax as well as you. "You know the offer is still open," he held onto your hand and kissed your bare ring finger. Your heart skipped a beat, "Really?"

"What kind of question is that?" He chuckled, "I am utterly mad for you. I can't see myself living with anyone else other than you. We already have a beautiful boy and I would love you to bear more of my children. Marry me Y/n, be my wife; give me the honour to live by your side every single day for the rest of our lives."

You happily wept in Ben's arms. You kissed him over and over again, "Yes." He got on top of you again and tenderly kissed your lips, "I love you Y/n."

**

Ben and you agreed to get married after the war ended. The day to start planning arrived on May 7th of 1945. Everyone hugged each other and cried out of joy; Britain no longer was at war.

"Mummy where are we going?" James held onto your hand as everyone exited the house. "To celebrate," Ben picked him up and put his son on his shoulders. James giggled, "Why?" You hugged Ben, "Because we won the war."

"Amanda will meet us there right?" Martin anxiously asked. "Yes, right where we met Ben, except this time there'll be more people," you informed. James went with Martin to accompany and pick up Amanda at the train station while everyone else went to Central London to celebrate.

The day passed by in a flash. Kids comfortably played in the streets while soldiers arrived from their base. Brendon and Sarah danced to the music playing while you and Ben enjoyed a cold beer together.

Hours into the celebration, Martin, Amanda and James found you and the rest. You and Amanda hugged for quite some time, "I missed my best friend." Amanda chuckled, "Don't be a liar, you have Ben now." She made you laugh while the both were in a lasting embrace.

You and Ben didn't want to give the wedding news to Amanda in a letter so you waited until she got back home. Her excitement couldn't be contained, "I'm glad one of us is actually getting married." She spoke loudly so Martin could hear. He was nervous and rubbing the back of his neck.

You and Ben stepped away from her while he stepped in front of her. "Actually," he held onto her hands and got down on one knee. Brendon decided to join in, kneeling in front of Sarah.

They both cried until their fiancé's muffled their cries with kisses. You and Ben held onto your son and looked at the people surrounding you. Today was the day when everyone couldn't contain their euphoria; it was the day the war ended.