AC/DC (6)

"Is he texting you again?" Oliver asked when he heard your phone chime. You checked and saw Ben's missed texts. "Yeah," you began to reply to them.

How are you?
We should go have a drink.
Of course, if you'd like to.
Sorry, I'm being annoying.

You smiled at them. He sent each message 3 minutes apart.

Sorry, I was busy. I'd love to go have a drink, Oliver might come with us. You're not being annoying.

You sent him the message and soon after got a reply from him. Oliver and you were watching a movie, but you were distracted when you began texting Ben.

"You never told me that Benedict Cumberbatch was an old friend," Oliver commented. "He's inviting us to go get a drink this weekend, do you want to go?" you said avoiding his comment. "A drink with Sherlock Holmes, fuck yeah," he didn't break his gaze from the tv. You smiled as you accepted Ben's request.

***

"I can't stop thanking you for taking care of me last week," Ben said as he greeted you at the bar. "It's no problem at all," you timidly smiled. He kept your hand in his as he looked into your beautiful eyes. "Holy shit, it's freezing outside," Oliver went to your side making you lose your contact with Ben.

Ben switched his gaze to him. "You must be the lucky Oliver," he extended his hand towards him. "Lucky?" you quirked your brows. "Yeah, he's dating you," Ben sheepishly said. "It's great to meet you. [Y/n] never mentioned you two were old friends," Oliver said awfully cheerily.

Ben led you and Oliver to sit down in front of him at a table. "We used to be close," Ben replied gazing to your eyes. "How long have you two known each other?" Oliver kept asking questions. Ben weaved his hand through his hair and acted as if he were trying to think. "I can't quite remember, but it wasn't that long ago, maybe 2 years or so," Ben occasionally would look at Oliver just so it wouldn't be obvious that he was staring at you.

"How did you two meet," Ben quickly changed the subject. Oliver put his arm around your shoulder, "We actually met here, at the bar." Ben rose his brows, "Really?" He wasn't actually interested, but attempted to see as if he were. "Yeah," Oliver turned to look at you, "she was sitting all by herself with this downhearted expression on her face. I couldn't stand seeing such a pretty face be sad. I gained enough courage to go talk with her."

"How long ago was this?" Ben enquired. Oliver found it an odd questioned, but replied anyways, "A little over a month." Ben hummed; during that time, you and him were still fucking. "What would you two like to drink, their on me," Ben said trying to hide his mixed emotions.

"Just two beers," Oliver spoke up. "[Y/n], do you want something different?" Ben knew you did, he wasn't sure why you weren't ordering your own drink. "No, I'm fine," you replied back with a low tone. Ben called over a waiter, "Can I have a beer and two gin and tonics, please." The waiter jotted down the order and went behind the bar.

"Ben," you tried hiding your smile. "Sorry, I know you love your gin and tonics," he was back at staring at you. "It's been sometime since we've talked, what's happened in the last year we haven't talked?" Ben directed to you.

You weren't sure why he was doing that. You lightly chuckled, "What do you want to know?" The drinks had arrived. "Whatever you'd like. Are you still teaching in the same place or were there any relationships before Oliver?" Ben deviously sipped his drink. Your jaw tensed up, but you played it cool.

"Yeah, same old job. The kids are still amazing. I did have a few relationships before Oliver, but nothing serious," you thought you ended that topic well. "Except your ex, you told me you two were in a complicated relationship," Oliver piped in. Your cheeks grew red. "A complicated relationship?" Ben knit his brows.