Sorry (5)

You never thought that the next few weeks Ben and Olivia would make Earth seem like a living hell. They constantly kissed, they did everything together it was unbearable to be around them.

The worst part was when Ben would gaze at you while he sensually made out with her. He would unconsciously make eye contact with you. His kissing sessions with Olivia would end at that moment when he saw pain flow out of you. There was no point in hiding your pain, everyone now knows.

"Hey [Y/n]," Josh snapped you back to reality. "Yeah what's up," you said averting your gaze from Olivia cuddling with Ben. "Could you get the boxes from the storage? I need to run a few errands and we need those supplies here," Josh nicely asked. You gulped, "The storage from over there?" you nudged your head to Ben's direction.

There was only one exit and entry to the storage Josh was talking about. "Yeah, that one.." he seemed a bit suspicious. You shrugged, "Sure I'll get them." Josh was already in the process of taking of his apron, "You're amazing, thank you." He was out of the café in a flash.

The café was almost empty that day, many of the students were out on the field watching the premier of a movie just leaving a few hanging out in there. You looked to the corner again, Olivia was sitting at the edge of the futon and Ben sat next to her, farther away from the door.

Olivia gave you a disgusting glare as you passed by, you ignored her. Your mind traveled to another place looking for the missing boxes. It didn't take long until you found them and stacked them on top of each other. Now it was time to carry them back.

They weren't heavy, they were just a hassle to carry them with your petite figure. You could only carry 3 at a time and began making your way out again, completely oblivious of the fact that Olivia was there. You carefully watched your steps as you exited the storage room. One confident step after another. That reliant moment ceased when you felt your leg get stuck with something.

In the blink of an eye, you were on the floor with the boxes besides you. "Oops sorry," Olivia snickered. You gaped at her in disbelief. "What the hell Olivia," Benedict stood up and went to your side. He kneeled beside you examined your figure to see if you hand any injury. "Are you okay?" his tender voice overwhelmed your muscles.

You felt flimsy for a few seconds, "Yeah I'm fine." Ben got up and reached down a hand to help you up. This would be the first time you had any contact with him since the slap you gave him. You looked at him then at his hand, without anymore hesitation you took it. Electrical shots rushed through you as his hand held onto yours.

He pulled you up, his body was close to yours. You could smell his scent, his cologne you once gave to him. "I'm sorry for that.., she could be a bit--"

"--bitchy?" you finished for him. He looked away and chuckled. You looked back to Olivia and stuck out your middle finger at her. Ben only chuckled more, "You're favourite comeback." You licked your bottom lip and just nodded your head.

"Again I'm sorry," he silently said. "I'm fine, go worry about your girlfriend. I think she's about to explode," you pointed to her direction where she was fuming with rage. You walked away and Benedict gazed over to Olivia. God you felt so embarrassed but at the same time relief he was there to help you.

***

A month later you settled yourself in your bed after long hours of your shift. Your back rested on the mattress as you heard your roommate arriving as well. "Hey Sarah," you called out. Her keys only clattered on the table and she rushed into the shared room.

She entered the shared closet and went to her side. Her hangers only clinged and her shoes flied in different directions. Out of suspicion you got up from bed and went to the closet, "What's going on?" She looked up to you with fear in her eyes, "I brought something I shouldn't have and I'm scared. What if they catch me with it. I'll get into so much trouble oh my god."

You kneeled down next to her, "Sarah what did you bring?" your voice was filled with concern. She gulped and fiddled with her fingers. You gave her a mom stare until she burned out, "I brought alcohol." She took out the hidden whiskey bottle of Jack Daniels. "Where did you get it?" you took it from her hands and observed the brand new bottle.

"I might have stolen it when I went to visit my parents," she was nervous as hell. Your chest rumbled as you couldn't help it anymore, "I never knew you could be this daring. Wow Sarah, I'm truly amazed, but you do know this is bad. We could be charged with underage drinking and alcohol on campus. We can get kicked out in a matter of seconds."

Sarah groaned is despair, "I know. I wasn't thinking and I didn't realize what I was doing." You pulled her in for a hug to ease her, "They'll never know if they don't find the bottle."

"I am not throwing this away. I went threw a lot to steal this," she sniffled a few times. You got up and went to the kitchen and got a few red cups. "I never said anything about throwing away the bottle, we just need to get rid of the evidence," you handed her a red cup, "I've had a tedious day if you ask me." Sarah wiped her worried tears, "Oh, okay," You poured the liquor into your cup of ice, you filled it half way.

You've had a few taste of alcohol in the past but never your own drink. At first you only took a few sips, letting the fire run down your sternum into your stomach. It was a small Jack Daniel's, enough to make 10 cups. After taking it just on the rocks, you got some coke from the fridge and mixed it with the burning whiskey.

Sarah put on low music, a sad playlist she had saved on her phone. You passed her prepared drink and sat down on the futon, you hugged a pillow as you sipped slowly on your drink.

Things got real within the hour. Sarah began talking about her ex making you remember Benedict and his disloyal ass. "I don't want to remember. I'm tired of him always on my mind," Sarah gulped down the remaining of her drink. Tipsy already, you stood up and grabbed the bottle. "I just want to be.. what's that word?" Sarah looked over to you for your guidance. "Numb?" you enquired.

She clapped her hands together, "Yes. I just want to be numb and not feel this pain anymore." Without any ice or other substance in the cup you passed her a shot of whiskey. "He slept with her the day we broke up. He's a fucking ass that I can't stop loving. I see him and my heart just does this flip. I want to be numb just like you," you raised your cup with her.

"To the fucking jerks," Sarah said. "To the fucking jerks," you repeated then devouring the substance down your throat. The whiskey had a delicious smoky wood taste to it but it should never be taken as a shot. You got up and jumped as the ball of fire traveled through your stomach.

Sarah turned up the song, Leave me lonely by Ariana Grande was on. Before singing again you got each another shot, sending that through your bloodstream. Sarah and you sang in sync to the melancholy tune.

"Dangerous love
You're no good for me, darling
Is it love when so easily said goodbye?
Is it love when we've given up before we tried?
Is it love when you stole my peace of mind?
Is it love when you cry, and cry and cry?"

You slumped to the floor and let the restrained tears fall. You heard knocking from upstairs, people wanted you to keep quiet. Sarah only turned it up.