Never Again (7)

One bloody week left, just seven days until the three years are over. You never noticed how time passed by once you and Ben fucked and experimented almost every night. Waking up by his side always brighten up the mood.

You played with his curls sometimes waking him up and making him chuckle. That morning you stared at his eccentric beautiful face. Although you would never admit it, but you thought Ben was utterly gorgeous. Ben opened one of his blue eyes, "Darling is everything alright?"

You had a pale tone to your skin. "Yeah," you conjured a fake smile, "I'm just thinking that we have a week left." You didn't feel or know that Ben's heart fell to an endless pit of agony once you mentioned that. He roughly swallowed and scooted closer to you, "Soon you'll be with Henry again."

His voice didn't sound enthusiastic or comforting. The thought of going back to Henry was so faded and unbelievable. The first year and a half with Ben was hell. After you and him actually started talking everything changed.

What if I don't want to go back? You mentally questioned yourself. With your hand, you rubbed Ben's biceps and rested your head on his chest. He sheepishly held you by the waist in a comforting way. "All this will happen in L.A. so we have to start packing," he croaked.

You traced a circle pattern on his chest, "One more trip together." Neither of you spoke another word. The both of you hid tears from each other.

**

Ben held onto your hand the whole tedious plane ride. Karon had gotten the two separated seats but once at Heathrow Ben changed his seat to be with you.

The days passed like seconds. One day you were at the airport, the next in L.A.; 5 days were left. Henry would be arriving any day now, he would be located at a nearby hotel from where you and Ben stayed at.

Karon encouraged for you and Ben to go out in public and create a dramatic scene where the both end up screaming at each other. "No I won't," Ben said to Karon. "It's the only way to show the public you and Y/n are not getting along," she insisted.

"Let's go Ben," you irritatingly grabbed onto Ben's hand. You and Ben had enough of Karon already. "I don't want to argue," Ben said as he entered the elevator. "Me either, I just needed to get out of there," you sighed and turned to him.

He grabbed the bag you carried, "We're going to Surfrider Beach in Malibu." You gaped at him, "Really? I don't know how to surf." He chuckled, "Neither do I."

**

"One last dinner," Ben held your hand as he guided you out the car. "At an expensive place. Ben I agreed to this but not here," you said holding to his arm. "I've got to treat you right, just like I promised your dad," he kissed your temple.

"We're getting a divorce tomorrow. You can drop the act," you fiddled with his fingers. "What act?" He gazed to you locking eyes with you. Your heart began to flutter seeing his dazzling eyes. The hostess ruined the moment taking you to your table.

Ben made you forget today was your last day with him. He made you giggle throughout the whole night.  His hand held onto yours from across the table. You didn't notice but he fiddled with your ring finger; he would occasionally swipe it and gaze at it.

"Y/n I need to tell you something," his breath became shaky. You had a smile on your face that couldn't possibly fade away. "I- I.." he hesitated, "I don't know how to say it," he nervously chuckled.

You nipped at your lip and grabbed onto his hands. He was shaking and his palms were moist, "Ben, you're a nervous wreck." You pointed out the obvious to help him relax. "I know," he brought your knuckles to his lips.