Call Out My Name (5)

Ben's body was immobile. His limbs started to function again as he heard the water coming out of the faucet. Ben promptly stood up and grabbed his motorcycle keys. You came out just in time to see him heading for the door. "Where are you going?" you curiously inquired. Ben turned around for you to see the tears formed in his eyes.

He wanted to say so many things, but the only thing he was able to say was the text message you received. Your body tensed up as the room got quite. Ben shook his head and slammed the door on his way out. You wanted to follow him and explain what was going on, but you were speechless and dazed.

As soon as Ben started the bike, he drove straight to Tom Hiddleston's house. He knew he was going to find a sanctuary there. As predicted, Tom received Ben in his home. Tom took Ben to his couch and knew better than to offer him alcohol. Although Ben was dying for a drink, Tom wasn't going to give Ben anything that could fog up his head even more.

Ben arrived with crimson eyes and dry tears down his cheek. He gave Tom a quick summary of what just happened with you and the text message. "Do you have her phone?" Tom enquired as he sat on the couch with his mate. Ben reached into his pocket to retrieve your phone. The same text message was displayed on the lock screen.

Tom looked at the message and tried to make the text sound reasonable to save his friend from a heartache, anger and disappointment. "Maybe he still thinks you two are at the resort," Tom tried to convince both of them. Ben put his finger on the touch ID and opened your phone. He went to the texts you two had sent to each other.

They started the night he was your waiter at the restaurant. He had gotten your number when Ben was outside making a call. The very next day, the waiter had sent you a text, asking you if you could get away from Ben for a few minutes while at the beach, but you responded hours later saying you weren't going to do that. The next few texts where of him complimenting you, but you never responded to those.

It was mostly texts from him. The waiter gazed at you from far away and sent you texts to make you at least smile. The next time you responded was when he told you that you weren't being talkative unlike the night he was your waiter. You responded that it was because you were with your boyfriend. By now, Ben had mixed feelings about the messages. It didn't seem like you cheated on him right away.

The texts from the waiter had stopped for a few hours until the night you and Ben got into an argument; the day before you left.

Waiter Boy: If you ever get into another argument, you know where my room is.

You responded with a simple 'Thank you.'

Ben read the text and only thought about the worst outcome. He knew you always needed someone to talk to whenever you and Ben got into a fight. Hiddleston read that text too. "Mate, they could've just talked. You've told me how she can get when the two of you fight," Tom tried to reason. Ben didn't know what to think.

The following morning was the day you and Ben left. The waiter still continued to text you, but you never responded to most of them. There were just compliments from him and betting that you looked beautiful that day; cheesy comments like that. The only time you quickly responded to him was when the topic was changed to Ben.

He called Ben an idiot for making you mad, and he continued to call Ben other things that got you to defend Ben. It was the only time you wrote more than a sentence. All the texts were burning a hole through Ben's heart. It was mostly rage what traveled through Ben's veins. So far, no text gave him a solid proof that you cheated on him. They were just texts of him flirting, but you didn't respond to him. In fact, most of your texts were when you defended Ben.