17

The next day Yuki YET AGAIN came to visit Maybumi.

At this point, it would feel strange for her to not show up.

They again listened to music while May sketched in her notebook, and the team didn't give them such a side eye this time.

Yuki began laughing about some old pictures she had of May, and May glared harshly at her.

"So they're best friends?" Noya asked as Asahi explained what had happened the previous day.

"Apparently." He said, embarrassed.

"Jeez, I thought she was only friends with Kuroo and Kenma." Tanaka said.

"No, she's only just not friends with you." Tsukki remarked.

"HEY!" Tanaka yelled, offended.

Suddenly, they were all cut off when Yuki screamed excitedly, and nearly jumped into the ceiling.

"GUYSGUYSGUYS!" She shouted, ushering all of them over. "I FOUND ANOTHER SONG THAT WE RECORDED!" She yelled proudly.

The boys quickly gathered around as Yuki unplugged her headphones and began playing the song on full volume.

They quickly became entranced with the song just after the first few lines.

May kept her eyes on her notebook while Yuki sang along happily.

"Talking, why is everyone always talking?
Noise in my head but it's none sense...
I can't feel nothing."

The was pretty good, actually, really good.

The boys listened on as the song continued.

"Guarded, don't overthink how we started.
Knew from the second you walked in...
This could be something."

Yuki grabbed May's hands and tried to convince her to dance, but she pulled her hands away and continued focusing on her notebook.

"Everybody's looking for love, to start a riot.
But every time I look in your eyes, the world gets quiet.
So let it go, let it fall, let it fly,
And keep on trying.
Cause I knew I was in love you, when we sat in silence."

Yuki began making noises to go along with the acoustics of the song, and received a glare from May as she danced like an idiot, as usual.

When Yuki's part came around, they were surprised to find that she could actually sing, since she was usually just messing around.

"Dreaming, I'm wide away while I'm dreaming.
See in your eyes what your thinking...
So please don't worry." She sang as she danced.

"C'mon May, sing with me!" She requested during the pause. "PLEASSEEEE!!!" She pouted.

"Yeah, May! We wanna hear you sing!" Hinata said excitedly. When May didn't give a response, Kageyama decided to try and avoid the mess that happened days before, and leaned down so he was face to face with her.

"Can't you see they wanna hear you? Baka.." he muttered. "Sing." He huffed. She stared at him for a few seconds before turning her head to the right.

He stepped into her line of vision again, so she turned to the left.

And he followed.

"Waiting, know that I'll always be waiting."

She tried to retrain a smile as she looked up this time, and wasn't surprised when he toward over her.

She looked down, and he bent down and STILL managed to get in her face.

So she looked straight and closed her eyes with a smile, crossing her arms.

"Do you believe what I'm saying?
I'm in no hurry..."

He growled under his breath and turned around, beginning to walk away. May opened her eyes, and looked at Yuki who suddenly lit up.

And then she opened her mouth, and closed her eyes again.

"Everybody's looking for love, to start a riot.
But every time I look in your eyes, the world gets quiet." She began. Kageyama stopped dead in his tracks with wide eyes, turning around quickly.

"So let it go, let it fall, let it fly, and keep on trying...
Cause I knew I was in love with you when we sat in silence." She finished as the song came to an end.

"Whoa, you made her smile AND sing..." Hinata muttered, stunned.

The rest of the day they tried to get her to talk or sing again, but she refused.