30

The school week had passed and it was finally time for the memorial service.

None of the boys had seen or heard from May, but they didn't text her this time. They not only had no idea what to say, but felt that it wasn't the right time to try and contact her.

Loads of people were crowded into the auditorium, including all of the boys.

Kuroo and Bokuto had snuck in as well, hiding toward the back.

The principal came onto the stage with a microphone, and motioned for all of the students to quiet down.

"Hello, students of Karasuno high. We're here today today to celebrate the loving memory of lost student Yukimura Sakura, who passed away on June 23rd." He said. "From many I heard that she was a light to guide the way, and a friend above all, to any student who needed one."

The boys felt awful.

Considering that Bokuto and Kuroo knew Yuki personally, it was a bit more painful for them to be there.

After saying a few more things about Yuki, the principal gestured off the stage.

"Now welcoming to the stage, Maybumi Kiyoku." He said.

The lights dimmed and a couple of kids brought out a keyboard and a Microphone.

May came out and took a seat at the keyboard. She looked like she hadn't slept since the accident.

She began playing the piano softly.

"Time tried to stop one
Cold cold night in June..." she started.

~
About midway through the day a girl rushed into the gym yelling something along the lines of. "MAYBUMI!!!!" Before engulfing the girl in her arms.

The boys were shocked to see May hugged the girl back.

"Uh, who's-" Daichi was cut off.

"THE NAMES YUKIMURA SAKURA! But you can just call me Yuki!" She said happily. They could all see that Yuki and May were polar opposites.
~

"Somehow I knew you
Kept on dancing through..."

~
"UGH, she's so pretty I could cry!" Yuki said as she shoved her phone back in her pocket before throwing an arm around May.

"So are you like.. a photographer?" Noya asked. Yuki thought for a second.

"Aspiring, I haven't quite made it yet!" She said. She was quite happy for someone who hadn't yet accomplished their goals.
~

"And you jumped on a flight in the
Darkest of blues, took a trip to paradise
Through the stars and back over moon
Oh, tell me it's true, oh...."

~
Yuki tried to get May to dance with her, but when she hastily refused, Yuki grabbed Akane instead.
~

"Please just tell you're alright...
Are you way up in the sky...?"

~
"Could you say something? Please?" Yuki said quietly. "I just need someone to tell me it's okay..."

'You know I can't.' May thought.

"May, please..." Yuki said shakily.
~

"Laughing, smiling, looking down
Saying "one day we'll meet in the clouds"
Up in the clouds..."

~
If Maybumi was being honest with herself, she didn't completely hate the idea of Yuki bothering her every day during the boys practice.
~

"No one I knew stood
Half as bright as you
But now you shine on
The perfect avenue..."

~
"C'mon May, sing with me!" She requested during the pause. "PLEASSEEEE!!!" She pouted.
~

"And the light that you left it helps me to see
A way through all the bitterness
A way to who I really want to be
Oh, lights up the streets, oh..."

~
"So... the girls were wondering if you wanted to play a game of volleyball against the boys." She said, barely containing herself. "We already have some of the boys ready to play."

May thought about it for a second before getting up. Yuki jumped up in excitement and shoved the ball in May's arms.

"You can set!" She said.
~

"Please just tell you're alright...
Are you way up in the sky...?"

~
The boys jaws dropped as May jumped right into it with Yuki and began dancing and smiling along to the rest of the song.
~

"Laughing, smiling, looking down
Saying "one day we'll meet in the clouds"
Up in the clouds..."

~
"I don't know how much of it I can take." She said, the tears beginning to roll down her cheeks.

'It'll be okay...' May thought, though she didn't say a word.
~

"Some nights I still hear your whispers
And your memories they hang like a picture..." at this point at the song, everyone was crying.

May thought about the hugs, the love...

"Oh, you'll always be just like a sister
Some nights I still see your smile
Your number I wish i could dial
Oh, but I can't wait to talk for a while, oh...."

May's bottom lip began to tremble, and tears steadily began to flow down her cheeks.

"Please just tell you're alright
Are you way up in the sky
Laughing, smiling, looking down..." everyone could hear her voice shaking.

"I know one day we'll meet in the clouds...
Up in the clouds."