31

As if the week before wasn't painful enough, Maybumi's mother drank herself into multiple seizures and was emitted to the hospital.

Takeda had told the boys and asked them to check on her.

When they all got there, Kuroo and Bokuto were of course already there.

May was sitting closest to her mom, who was awake and talking.

"So how long was I drunk for?" She asked, tired from all of the medications she was on, though the alcohol was mostly gone from her system by now.

"Four months." Kuroo answered.

"Damn." She said. "I'm sorry, May." She apologized. May looked at her mom sadly. "For everything. Especially for Yuki. I know you loved each other."

May nodded softly before her moms eyes looked to the door.

"You have visitors." She said to May, who looked at the door. "Damn May, I didn't know you had so many admirers." She smirked.

May blushed softly as the boys awkwardly crowded in. It had become Kageyama's job to give May the flowers they'd all bought her.

Kuroo introduced all of the boys to May's mother, who they soon learned was named Aiko, meaning little love.

"So she's been helping you guys out?" Aiko asked, after the boys explained May's position.

Daichi chuckled lightly. "Less helping and more silently judging." He said. Aiko laughed softly.

"That definitely sounds like her." She replied softly.

Hinata asked the question he'd been dying to ask. "Do you know why she doesn't talk?" He blurted out, getting elbowed by multiple of the boys.

Aiko looked at May and thought about it for a bit.

"May has always had a beautiful soul, but beautiful souls come with dark minds." She sighed.

May looked at her hands, silently disagreeing with her mother on the beautiful soul part.

May didn't think broken equaled beauty, but maybe she was wrong.

Daichi clear his throat. "Uh, Kageyama..." He said.

Kageyama suddenly remembered the flowers and awkwardly extended them to May. "We got these for you, we didn't know which ones you'd like so we just..."

"Bought out most of the store." Tsukki finished.

Aiko chuckled softly.

May gently took the flowers, avoiding Kageyama's hand as she did so.

But on his arm she saw it.

Half of a raven, that matched her own.

She quickly looked away, offering a quick smile before avoiding looking at him for the rest of the visitation session.

Fortunately he didn't notice.