23

In the middle of practice the following day, The police came into the gym, and pointed at May.

Yuki became scared and confused relatively quickly, but she still found the strength to step in front of May, who was terrified, despite not showing a single bit of reluctancy to her emotions on her face.

The boys all crowded around as the police surrounded May.

"Maybumi Kiyoku, you've been reported as insubordinate, and running away from home." One of the officers said, grabbing May's arm and pulling her out from behind Yuki, who glared harshly at the officer before grabbing May's other arm.

"What!?" Daichi said. "She didn't run away!" He insisted, a bit angry.

"Well are there any witnesses to prove that?" The police said.

"Yeah." Tanaka said, stepping forward. "The entire team, including my girlfriend Akane, the mangers Kiyoko, and Yuki over there." He said seriously.

The police officers shared a look.

"Her mom said she could stay with suga!" Hinata suddenly blurted out a lie, quickly covering his mouth.

"Who's Suga?" One of the officers asked, crossing his arms.

Suga nervously stepped forward. "Me, sir." He said. "She's been staying with me because she needed help making up school work, her mom said she could stay."

"Biological or adoptive?" The same officer asked.

"Biological, sir." Suga lied, glancing at Yuki, who was willing to back him up.

"Well, unfortunately, her biological has no legal authority to give consent for such." The officer said sternly. "Besides, it's on record that she's a drunk."

May glared harshly at the officer.

"She was sober!" Akane suddenly shouted, stepping up and grabbing Tanaka's hand nervously.

Even though Akane wasn't there, and knew that none of this ever happened, she still was willing to bat for May.

"She was, I was there." Yuki said, still clinging to May and glaring harshly at the officers.

"Is this true?" The officer asked May. She glanced at the boys before nodding, keeping a straight face.

"Be that as it may, this afternoon I expect you to return home with your belongings. Don't run off again." The officer warned.

May didn't give a silent response.

He let go of her arm and looked at the full team of boys who were all looking at the officers challengingly as if to say "go ahead, try to take her."

The officers shared a look and turned around, walking away and heading out of the door.

That afternoon suga apologized profusely to May, and once she was back home with her dog and other belongings, she texted him briefly and confirmed that she didn't blame him for what happened.