20

The next day while the boys were taking a break, Yuki grabbed one of the balls and sat next to May, tapping her foot impatiently.

May glanced at her.

"So... the girls were wondering if you wanted to play a game of volleyball against the boys." She said, barely containing herself. "We already have some of the boys ready to play."

May thought about it for a second before getting up. Yuki jumped up in excitement and shoved the ball in May's arms.

"You can set!" She said.

May had no idea what she was doing, but went with it.

She tossed the ball up and ran forward, getting a decent amount of height when she jumped and hit the ball.

Bokuto received.

The girls were a bit intimidated. The boys side was full of talented blockers and setters. Not the mention they were way stronger than the girls.

If a stray ball went at anyone's face, the girls wouldn't stand a chance.

Of course, the first move the boys did was Kageyama and Hinata's freaky quick.

May almost managed to save, but was off by a few inches.

Yuki huffed.

"You girls can set again, you're gonna need the help." Kuroo smirked.

May have Yuki and look when she came over with the ball.

"Thanks, but we'll pass." She said, handing Kuroo the ball.

"Suit yourself." Kuroo shrugged.

He decided to give Kageyama a chance, and this time May paid more attention.

He hit the ball hard, but with sheer luck, Yuki managed to receive.

"MAY!" She yelled sent the ball to May.

Akane, Kaorie, and Mai all raced forward when way got into an obvious position to toss.

The boys got ready to block, Kageyama staying closest to May.

The boys were all so sure that they knew what was happening that they didn't notice the smirk on Yuki's face.

May suddenly jumped up, her hand connecting to the ball.

A setter dump.

Quite frankly she had no idea what she just did, or if she was even allowed to do it, but something about how naturally her body moved told her to just go for it.

The ball went over the net without a problem and connected to the ground, bouncing off when the boys hit the floor again.

Kageyama looked at her strangely.

"Where the hell did you learn that!?" Kuroo and Bokuto asked at once.

May sent them a sickening smile as she shrugged, glancing to Kageyama for a second.

Unfortunately, the girls lost by a couple of points.

Most of the night the boys tried to decipher if perhaps she naturally knew volleyball because her soulmate was good at it.

And the girls did the same.

Fortunately, the next morning when the boys were heading to the gym they saw May and the other girls playing soccer in the field, and saw May deliver a powerful jump kick.

"Maybe she's just good at sports." Bokuto shrugged.