15

The next day Yuki made an appearance again.

If Maybumi was being honest with herself, she didn't completely hate the idea of Yuki bothering her every day during the boys practice.

But she yet again had that bulky stereo.

The think was so big she nearly fell over her own feet as she tried to set it up on the bench.

Eventually she successfully accomplished what she was trying to do, and positioned the stereo. At this point, the boys had taken notice and began gathering around yet again.

Not only had Yuki struggled, but she'd shouted a multitude of curses as she came inside.

She raised her arms and faced the boys as if she was making a dramatic stage entrance.

"NOW I WILL DEMONSTRATE A MAGIC TRICK!" She shouted, turning to the stereo and turning it on before turning back to the boys with a smirk on her face. "I'm going to make this vegetable over here," she motioned to May, "smile."

Gym class heroes beloved throwback of "stereo hearts" began blaring obnoxiously.

Yuki wasted no time jumping into the song and beginning the shout the lyrics and dancing around atrociously.

"IF I WAS JUST ANOTHER DUSTY RACKET ON THE SHELF, WOULD YOU BLOW ME OFF AND PLAY ME LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!" Yuki shouted along, trying to get May to give some sort of reaction.

She gave one.

A raised eyebrow and deepening frown.

The boys all shared a look and sat down on the gym floor, deciding the watch the madness unfold.

"IF I ASK YOU TO SCRATCH MY BACK COULD MANAGE THAT, LIKE I CAN HANDLE THAT!"

The further into the song that Yuki got, and the worse her dance moves became, the boys could clearly see Maybumi struggling to restrain a smile.

And eventually one corner of her mouth betrayed her as the song neared the bridge.

"SO SING ALONG TO MY STEREO!" Yuki sang, grabbing May's hand and spinning herself around awkwardly. May let out a deep sigh and stood up, not being able to hold back the smile any longer.

And besides that, she couldn't let Yuki make a further fool of herself.

"I only pray you'll never leave me behind... because good music can be so hard to find..." May didn't sing along, but she did recall the words as she swayed gently to the beat, and Yuki made a series of dramatic hand movements signaling for her to get a bit more hyped up.

"I'll take your hand hold it closer to mine-" May allowed Yuki to twirl her. "Our love was there but now your changing my mind!"

The boys jaws dropped as May jumped right into it with Yuki and began dancing and smiling along to the rest of the song.