11

Daichi knocked on the apartment door and waited for a response.

He could hear the TV playing, and then heavy footsteps. Too heavy to be May's.

The door opened revealing and buff man littered with tattoos and a clean shave, with bed hair. He was wearing a white tank top and didn't look pleased.

Besides that, the boys were taken back when they were hit in the face with the harsh stink of weed and alcohol.

"Who are you?" He asked, keeping his nose turned up at the group. He was taller than Tsukki, so the boys were trying not to cower.

"U-um, im Daichi. Team captain of the Kurasuno boys volleyball club. I-is Maybumi here?" Daichi stuttered. His nervousness wasn't helping the boys out at all.

The man looked them up and down before turning around to look back into the apartment.

"YO, MAY, SOME GUYS ARE HERE TO SEE YOU." He yelled.

The boys were relieved to soon hear soft pitter patter  against the floor before Maybumi appeared beside the man.

He made a face at her sweater and old torn and repaired jeans before going up and lifting up a strand of hair that was protruding from her messy bun.

"Can't you doll yourself up for once?" He huffed. May didn't look at him, she kept a blank expression with her eyes on the floor, and the man didn't like that one bit.

He suddenly grabbed her face and forced her to look at him. "Look at me when I'm talking to you." He growled. This made all of the boys blood boil, but none of them said a word.

When May kept eye contact for a few seconds he roughly let her go, muttering a "good girl." Underneath his breath.

"Mayyy, baby... come back, I swear I'll stop drinking, don't leave-" they could hear a women's drunken voice from somewhere inside the apartment.

"She's not going anywhere you stupid tramp!" The man yelled back into the apartment before shoving May out of the door and slamming it behind her.

May was embarrassed. She hated to admit it to herself but it was the truth.

She was confused about how exactly they found her, and why they were there.

She began shifting her weight uncomfortably back and forth, rocking from side to side slightly.

She had one arm wrapped around herself and was looking everywhere except for at the boys.

"A-are you okay?" Daichi stuttered. "You haven't been at school, and... this. This isn't..." Daichi trailed off.

Most of the boys were looking at her sympathetically.

She looked up at him with a blank expression, but her eyes were soft, as if saying "help me." And when they could all properly see her face, they saw an old wilt mark left from someone slapping her.

"C'mon, you're staying with one of us for awhile." Daichi said through gritted teeth.

May didn't do anything. She looked back at the door and then back at Daichi.

For a second they thought she would just turn around and walk away, but then she put her head down and began walking silently toward the parking lot.