5

Two weeks had passed, and Maybumi was less tense around the boys, but she still wouldn't get near them.

She never sat with them or made eye contact with them.

Today however, she was completely and utterly dreading. More so than usual.

They had a practice game against Nekoma, and May wasn't looking forward to seeing one specific person that she knew.

Of course, she cared for him. But that didn't mean that she wanted to see him.

She sat next to Kiyoko-senpai the entire ride, and hid away behind Ukai-Sensei and Takeda-Sensei while the teams greeted each other.

But she still unfortunately caught a glimpse of the infamous pudding head and bed head.

She hurried inside, making sure to bolt into the hallway and towards the gym, hoping that he wouldn't notice her.

She took a seat with her Sensei's as the teams crowded in, but she wasn't as lucky she'd hoped.

"No way, is that who I think it is!?" Kuroo yowled. He hurried over to May who looked distraught and uncomfortable she he wrapped his arms around her and spun her around, before setting her down.

She adjusted her clothes and fixed her braided hair.

"How have you been?" He asked, May looked at him sympathetically, and watched his face drop slightly.

"Oh... you still don't talk." He said softly. May nodded as kenma conveniently approached the two.

"The game is about to begin, Kuroo." He said, his eyes traveling to May. "Hello." He said, offering a polite bow.

May returned the gesture before Kenma said something else and he and Kuroo hurried over to their side of the court.

After seeing the way Kuroo cozied up to Maybumi, and the way that she didn't try and stop him, some of the boys speculated that they were possibly soulmates.

Every time the boys took a break Kenma and Kuroo were by Maybumi's side.

Tanaka, Akane, and Noya were all heading over to where Kuroo was sitting comfortably on the floor with May sitting peacefully between his legs and taking notes while Kuroo braided her hair

. Kenma sat next to Kuroo and -predictably- played games.

"Hey, why are you so cozied up to our assistant manager? Are you two soul mates or something?" Noya asked, more distressed to see such a pretty girl allow Kuroo to be so close to her. He was trying to use Tanaka's intimidation strategy with the strange face and dramatic arm crossing.

Kageyama heard the conversation and curiously wandered over with Hinata.

Maybumi sent a look up at all of them that gave absolutely no answers what so ever before returning to her notebook.

"What!?" Kuroo nearly choked as he began laughing hysterically, even falling back on the floor.

Once he finally composed himself and sat back up, he wrapped his arms around Maybumi and pulling her closer. "Why? Jealous?" He smirked.

Noya's temperature went through the roof.

"NO, WHY WOULD I BE JELOUS!?" He yelled in response as his arms began flailing hysterically.

"Okay-" Kuroo snorted. "Not that it's anyone's business, but no. We aren't soulmates. We're friends."

Maybumi was tired of his rambunctious behavior anyways, not to mention the attention that came with it. She gently took his arms off of her and stood up, sitting next to Kenma instead and leaning her head on his shoulder, watching him play games, much more comfortable with the naturally quiet behavior he sported.

Kenma gave no reaction, but he completely understood why May left Kuroo, who was now offended.

"What- HEY!" He yelled. "No fairrrr-" He whined.

Maybumi obviously didn't respond.