6

A few more days came and went, and Maybumi had taken the liberty of purchasing some elbow high gloves to wear under her school uniform so she wouldn't have to so awkwardly maneuver around the boys.

Now she could easily take their towels and water bottles and not worry so much about making skin contact.

Today the boys were practicing as hard as ever, and May was observing them next to Kiyoko.

Kiyoko learned that if she asked yes and no questions, May would sometimes shake her head or nod.

She came to the realization that although she didn't verbally respond, there were other ways to communicate with May.

But everyone was still very confused as to why she never said anything. They didn't mind it too much anymore however.

If one of them looked at her and smiled, her way of approving was with a simple nod of the head, and if she wasn't in the mood, she'd shake her head or just look away like they didn't see each other.

A few times she'd even tossed the ball to a couple of the players.

Asahi and Noya spent a lot of their time around her, the three of them usually not really sharing a conversation.

But Asahi and Noya noticed that if they were talking to her, that she was listening.

Tanaka and Akane also swore that they saw May write Kiyoko a note.

So obviously she had means of communication, she just chose not to pursue anything.

For crying out loud, she'd even walked right up to Tsukki and handed him his water bottle, and most of the players on the team wouldn't even do that. And yet, when she handed him the bottle, she was completely fine.

The only person on the team who hadn't seemed to have a positive interaction with her was Kageyama.

But today, something would change.

Kageyama seemed off for some reason, Maybumi suspected that it was sleep deprivation, because he didn't look very rested.

Every time he served it would be crooked and too easy to receive by the other boys, and with each failed serve he was getting angrier.

Maybumi felt that she'd watched them play enough to know what she was doing when she stood up and decided to improve his aim to avoid a temper tantrum.

She headed up behind him and got up on her tippy toes, trying to at least see over his shoulder, but to no avail.

He noticed this and turned around, looking at her like she was stupid.

"What are you doing, Baka?" He huffed. She held up a finger signaling him to wait.

She headed over to the bench and grabbed all of her school books, stacking them on top of each other and carrying them back over, putting them on the floor and standing on them, now being able to see over Kageyama's shoulder at last.

She took a gloved hand and grabbed his arm, moving it just the slightest bit until his aim was straight.

He still had no idea what she was trying to do when she stepped down and grabbed her books, heading back over to the bench with an indifferent look on her face.

When Kageyama served however he understood the point, because he finally managed to set at a decent point on the court.

He looked back at her with a strange look on his face.