28

The next school day May was changing in the locker room when Kiyoko walked in.

Kiyoko became confused when May quickly began hiding her body away, until she caught a brief glance off the multiple scars that littered her body.

Mostly scars from cigarette burns, that one of her past foster parents had put out on her.

Kiyoko was quick to report what she saw the Takeda, who pulled May to the side and had a private conversation with her.

She made sure no one was listening or watching as she assured him that she was fine, and that the abuse hadn't occurred in years.

The following day the boys decided to go to the beach, and were confused when May showed up wearing a long sleeve swim shirt and men's swim trunks.

Yuki showed up too, wearing a regular bikini.

May stayed under the shade of an umbrella while the guys enjoyed themselves. Kuroo and Kenma were there of course.

Kuroo mostly hung out with the other boys, while Kenma stayed silent beside May and played video games.

Some of the boys came up to her and teased her about wearing such an unattractive bathing suit, but she didn't really care.

She didn't base her physicality on their standards for sexual attractiveness.

BOOM. Stay woke.

"Hey, May!" Yuki yelled. "Take off that gaudy thing and come play water volleyball!" She said.

Yuki was aware of the scars, so May wasn't sure why she'd ask her to do such a thing.

She ignored her.

"Hey, what's that?" Tanaka asked when he happened to walk past, pointing to the scars on her leg.

She glanced at him but did say anything.

"Are those... burn scars?" He asked, as more of the boys approached. "It's okay to talk about it, ya know." He said softly.

She shut her book and glared harshly at him, standing up.

She stared at all of the boys who were now aware of the scars.

She pulled off her shirt and slipped off her shorts revealing a bikini underneath, and walked past all of them.

"Well damn." Bokuto said, getting nudged by Kuroo who was smirking.

The rest of the day was spent messing around and play fighting.

But May didn't dare touch any of the boys.

And they absolutely took notice, some even accusing her of being stingy.

Kuroo and Bokuto were allowed to hug her and what not, but it really didn't go any further than that.