2

Takeda-sensei was a bundle of nerves when he was called into his advisers office.

"Hello principal." He said shakily after clumsily stumbling through the doorway. The principal nodded toward the seat in front of his desk as he adjusted his toupee "discreetly", and Takeda wasted no time taking a seat.

"I would like to speak with you about a certain.... student." The principal said as his gaze traveled over the paperwork cluttering his desk. Takeda became even more anxious as he wondered if one of his students had been reported misbehaving.

"This student goes by the name of Maybumi Kayoku, and its come to my knowledge that she doesn't speak."

Takeda wasn't sure where the conversation was going, considering that he had no students by that name, but he listened intently regardless.

"Her parents and teachers are worried for her, and I was wondering if you could save the assistant manager position for her." He requested.

"What?! But I don't even know if she has a flier-" Takeda's jabbering was cut off almost as soon as it began.

"One of her teachers is already planning to address the situation, and if she doesn't join she'll have no other option but to leave school." The principal said with an apathetic downward gaze and a scowl.

Takeda's eyes widened.

"L-leave school?" He stuttered anxiously as his shaky hands began fiddling in his lap.

The principal nodded. "Her ignorance has humiliated multiple students and teachers, it's as though she had no manners."

Takeda nodded.

———

Maybumi had been informed of her situation, and was now back home in the late hours of the night, staring at the form.

She hated school, and had absolutely no problem leaving.

But leaving would mean she'd have to stay home with her parents, and she hated that idea even more.

She grabbed a pen from her desk and began filling out the form aimlessly.

Once she was done she laid in bed and lit a cigarette, observing the cracks in her ceiling while she was once again consumed by her ever present thoughts.

She wanted to rip her own brain out of her body and throw it into a shredder.

'How disgusting of me, to be excited by the possibility.' She thought to herself.

The night droned on, and she continued to berate herself.

At this point I'm sure you're aware that Maybumi hates most everything, but the thing she hated the most was the soul mark on her arm.

She'd deducted the possibilities down to it being half of a raven, and she had no idea what that was meant to signify.

She decided long ago that she wanted to avoid all possibilities of meeting her soulmate. That was the main reason that she avoided touching people.

She hated the possibility that she could accident touch her soulmate one day, and be expected to speak to them.

The thought was utterly unnerving to her.