24

A week had passed and there had been no sign of Maybumi or Yuki.

The boys had all texted them, but didn't get any responses.

But finally, the following Monday, May finally showed up to practice, thirty minutes late as always.

"Hey!" Daichi said. "We were worried, what happened?" He asked.

Yuki came in right behind her. "Her dog has been sick, she's been taking care of him." Yuki explained. They both looked very sleep deprived, so Daichi and the other boys assumed that it must've been really serious.

"Is Hulk okay?" Hinata asked suddenly.

"We think so. He's eating again, so that's a start in the right direction." Yuki said.

"What's wrong with him?" He asked.

May shrugged, taking a seat and slouching.

Not too far into practice May received a text from her adoptive mom that said Hulk had began choking on his food right after May and Yuki left for school that morning.

She said that she tried to get him to eat, but he wouldn't even get up or look at her.

Yuki gave May a sympathetic look.

"HEY ASSHATS!" Yuki suddenly yelled. The boys stopped playing and grumpily came over. "May has to take her dog to the vet, it's an emergency. I have to leave in a few minutes anyways because I have a family meeting, so who's going with her?" The boys had never seen Yuki so serious.

Daichi scratched the back of his neck. "I guess I can go. I have a car, so." He said.

Kageyama caught a glimpse of May worriedly typing something on her phone.

"I'll go too." He said.

————

When they stopped by May's house, she couldn't even get Hulk to get up.

Daichi and Kageyama had carried him to the car and put him gently in the back before driving to the vet.

Once they arrived, Daichi held the back door open while Kageyama tried to get the dog to move.

He clicked his tongue a couple of times, but only got a pitiful weak whimper in response.

He looked at May, who was watching Hulk with a worried expression.

He awkwardly bent into the trunk, carefully picking Hulk up and carrying him inside.

Kageyama kept Hulk in his lap, considering that was a lot easier than putting him and the floor and trying to pick him back up.

And not to mention he was sure that May would mentally destroy him if he did put Hulk on the floor.

Daichi had all of Hulk's information, and offered to pay for the checkup, which May reluctantly accepted.